Twenty Two

Heartless Mafia
Part 22
JEON JUNGKOOK

"Oh my god!"

you startled, almost throwing the box away when you heard knocks from outside of the door.

You quickly close the box and keep it under the bed. You look at the mirror, making yourself look presentable.

Trying to collect all the strength that was long gone. You take a deep breath and walk to the door and open it.

"Hey princess..." he comes near you and tries to hug you but you slowly turn your body and sit on the edge of your bed.

He looks at you with his eyebrows furrowed. He followed you and stood in front of you. He lifted your face by your chin.

You darted your eyes on him.

He scanned your facial expression before he crouched down in front of you. "What's wrong?" His voice is so gentle yet it still hurts you.

You have this urge to ask him everything that Kai has told you about. But all the words and those questions were stuck on your throat. Can't seem to let it out.

You were so dozed off by your thoughts when you heard him calling your name. Worries were plastered on his face.

You look at him, your lips create a small smile and you just shook your head. You need to confirm it.

You need to know about his feelings. Then you caress his cheek and say the three most meaningful words to you.

"I LOVE YOU"

Finally you say it. Your heart was pounding hard and warmth invaded your neck. You wait for him to reply.

He stopped all his doing and just stared at you straight into your eyes. Instead of replying to you, he intertwined his lips with yours.

You close your eyes as your lips and his moves in sync. You can feel the spark when he kisses you. The kiss somehow feels so genuine and sincere.

But... your heart was still in doubt. Then you shot your eyes wide open. Remembering the things that Kai had told you.

"I... I love you..."

you whisper in between the kisses. He then parted the kiss. Smile softly and caress your cheek before pecking your forehead.

Then he got down and he placed a kiss on your belly before he got up and walked to the bathroom.

You just sit there in confusion

he didn't reply to me... which means... he still loves her. Kai is right about him...

a drop of tear falls on your cheek.

Jungkook pov

You lock the door as soon as you go inside the bathroom. Leaning your back towards the door.

Cold sweats dripping down on your forehead. Your heart beating rapidly, your chest tightening. You feel so confused with your own self.

What have I done?... What is going on with me?... I was supposed to protect you... I promise him with all my heart that I will keep you safe... and here I am... falling in love with you... I wasn't supposed to fall in love with you... princess I'm sorry, I broke my promises... I love her... I love her genuinely... with all my heart... she makes me feel special... I'm sorry princess...

You close your eyes. Look down on the floor as drops of tears streaming down your face. You walk to the sink and open the water taped and wash your face.