epilogue

11 Months Later - September 28

Louis' POV:

"You look so dashing, Lou," Zayn sniffles, running his hands down the sleeve of my dark blue tuxedo and smoothing it out for the hundredth time today.

I'm sitting in front of a large vanity mirror with Liam and Zayn behind me. Liam is running around and helping me sort out all of the last-minute things. As for me, I'm just staring at my reflection, trying not to freak out because I never thought I'd get lucky enough to get married. It's all a bit overwhelming, if I'm being honest.

"Don't cry, Z, or I'll cry too." I rub the tears out of my eyes and dry them on my pants. He passes me a tissue and gives me a warm hug.

Liam has his phone out and he's texting someone, his silver engagement ring clinking against the back of his phone case as he does so. "Lou, they're almost ready for you out there on the altar," He slips his phone into his trouser pocket and joins me and Zayn in front of the mirror. "Are you ready for this, Louis?"

I nod. "I've been ready for a long time, Li. I'm nervous, of course, but so excited,"

"We should probably get going and get you up to the altar. Everyone's already seated and the bridesmaids and groomsmen are lined up," Zayn explains and I get up from my chair with shaky legs.

Liam and Zayn had happily agreed to walk me down the aisle when I asked, because I didn't want to go up alone. I give them both big hugs before we walk up to the closed church doors and wait for the music to start.

Although my parents aren't here (I didn't even invite them because we aren't on speaking terms), Harry's parents are both here and my Aunt Jay is too. Harry's sister, Gemma, and all of my sisters are bridesmaids along with Jen, of course. The groomsmen include the newly engaged Zayn and Liam, and power couple Juan Luis and Niall.

The organ music begins and the doors of the church open, and all three of us make our way to the altar and wave to our friends and family in the crowd as we go. Aunt Jay gives me a beaming smile as do my sisters and Jen. When we reach the altar, Zayn and Liam send me off with two bear hugs, whispering about how happy and proud they are of me which is enough to make a few more tears fall.

I look behind me and Jen gives me two thumbs up of reassurance before pointing to the little table next to me which has three framed pictures standing up on it. I almost burst into tears and smile broadly when I see them. For all the shit I give her and for everything I tease her about, she's truly one of the best friends I could ever ask for.

The first is the selfie Zayn and Liam took when I first saw Harry performing at the cafe that Jen refused to delete off of her phone.

The second is the selfie Jen took of me when I was spacing out from everything else while watching Harry perform on stage when he was my brand new boyfriend.

And the third and final selfie is a priceless photo captured by Jen that I didn't even know existed until now. It's a framed picture of my face when Harry proposed right outside of my cafe booth on the day he sang Sweet Creature for me and got down on one knee.

I bite back tears and go to turn back to Jen to thank her for this, but I'm interrupted when everyone stands up in their seats and the church doors open for a second time. Harry's standing there in the doorway looking breathtakingly beautiful arm in arm with his mom, Anne. He's in a slim black suit and looks so handsome as he and Anne walk slowly down the aisle.

When he finally reaches the end, Anne gives him away with a hug and a kiss on his forehead. I can see he's just as emotional as I am when he joins me on the altar, both of us wiping away the salty pools of tears in our eyes.