thirty

Louis' POV:

"So you're spending the whole weekend at Harry's?" Zayn asks when I get home from work and tell them about my plans.

"Yeah! I'm really excited," I sit down on the armchair, and Liam, who's sitting next to Zayn on the sofa, pauses Toy Story 3 to listen to me.

"Use protection," Liam smirks.

"Shut up, Li. I can handle myself just fine, thank you very much," I spit as my cheeks flush red from embarrassment.

"Well, there was that one time with Rin-" Liam reminds me, but I cut him off.

"LIAM." What is it with everyone dwelling on my ex? First, it was Juan Luis, and now Liam.

"Leave him alone babe, that's behind him now so there's no need to bring it up again," Zayn says softly.

"Sorry, Lou, I didn't mean it like that," Liam has a regretful look in his eye and I know he didn't mean harm, which makes it impossible to be mad at him. 

" 's okay, don't worry. Moving on, what are you guys doing this weekend?" I ask, filling the brief silence.

"I'm going out with a few friends from work," Liam pipes up, "Ian got a promotion so we're headed out for drinks with him, his brother, who works in the beauty department, Sammy, and a few others on Saturday,"

"Yeah so Li is doing that and I'm going over to Mitch and Sarah's for dinner Saturday night. Then on Sunday, I'm taking my class on a little informal field trip!" Zayn tells me excitedly, a broad grin appearing on his face when he brings up his students.

"Where to?" I didn't know Zayn was planning a field trip anytime soon, let alone on a Sunday. But whatever it is I'm sure they'll love it. They love him to the moon and back and I know he loves them back just the same.

"Well, I had to get parent permission forms signed first, but all the parents were on board and gave the okay. Sunday they've got a pride parade downtown and I'm taking them!"

He's beaming and practically jumping out of his seat in excitement. "Today after work I stopped by the art store and picked up some rainbow-colored face paint, little flags, and some rainbow bracelets and necklaces!"

"Can I have a necklace?" Liam asks and Zayn laughs, giving him a quick kiss.

"Of course babe, I've got plenty. All of the kids are excited to paint rainbows and stripes on to one another's faces and hands and to wear colorful clothes. And honestly, I'm excited too! It'll be a great experience for all of us,"

"Z, that's literally amazing!" 

"IT'S AMAZAYN!" Liam shouts.

"Well, I hope you both have a great time - Liam at your celebratory get-together and Zayn at dinner and then at the parade!"

"Thanks, Lou. Enjoy Harry's company!" Zayn grins at me.

"I'm sure he will," Liam wiggles his eyebrows and I proceed to throw a pillow at him.

I'm sure I will too.

✰ ✰ ✰ 

"Hello this is Petits Plats d'Eroda, this is Keeley speaking. How may I help you?" A female voice rings out from my phone.

"Yes, hi, I was looking to make reservations for two,"

"What time will this be for?" 

"8 pm, please. Do you have any private dining rooms?"

"We have two private dining rooms in our restaurant. Would you like me to check the availability for you?" She asks me.

"Yes please, for Saturday,"