forty one

t/w: sexual assault, suicide

Louis' POV:

By the time Harry and I finally get up and of the bathroom floor, we've run out of tears to cry.

"Harry, love, let's get you out of here," I help him up and we leave the bathroom. He clings to me tightly, like a scared puppy and I quickly find Niall and Juan Luis at the bar.

"Hey, Lou-" Juan Luis sees our red puffy eyes and tear-streaked faces, and Niall notices soon after.

"What happened?" They ask at the same time but I just shake my head.

"I'll explain later. I don't mean to ditch you guys, but I've got to taking Harry home," I say quickly, trying to keep my voice steady. They seem to understand the urgency of the situation and nod quickly.

"Don't worry about us. I hope everything is alright, but if you guys need to leave go right ahead I don't want to stop you," Juan Luis ensures me and Niall agrees with him, giving Harry a concerned look.

We say our goodbyes and quickly leave the club. I keep an eye out for the man on our way out (just to see if I could get away with another punch or two) but he's seemed to have disappeared.

Despite the two drinks I had, I'm not drunk and safely drive Harry and me home without a problem. He doesn't say much on our way home and instead quietly looks out of the car window as the buildings and night lights whir by us.

When we get back to his house, we head up to his room and I get a warm bath prepared. Harry's got this huge bathtub (it's like a small swimming pool, really) and I put a bit of lavender bubble bath that I found nearby in the water.

"Haz, we should get you washed up," I tell him gently, giving him a hug. He still looks fragile and hurt, and I can tell he's quite shaken up by tonight's events - as anyone would be.

"I've got a bath ready for you. The water's really warm and the bathroom floor of a club probably isn't the most sanitary place,"

"What about you?" He asks as I walk him to the bathroom.

"I can shower in a bit or something after you're all clean," I reassure him.

He snakes his need. "Don't leave," Harry's voice is at a broken whisper, "I don't want to be alone."

I look at my boy, who's still on the verge of tears. "I won't leave you, love, I'm right here," I wrap my arms around him in a long hug, rocking back and forth as we stand there. He holds me tight, as though his life depends on it.

"Thank you," He whispers softly.

When we finally break our hug, we get undressed and step into the bath. I help him get washed up (which mainly includes me making a mountain of bubbles in his curls to which he giggled and did the same to me) and clean myself up too.

We're out of the bath and dressed in comfy joggers and Harry's big t-shirts before the water had a chance to get cold. We dry off our hair and leave the bathroom. Harry's got a load of blankets on his (our?) bed and I snuggle up next to Harry underneath them.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, pulling his waist closer to me.

" 'm not feeling great, but much better now that we're home,"

"Mind if I asked what happened? I mean, I saw him on you, restraining you against the wall. You should've kneed him in the balls or something, babe,"

Harry lets out a deflated sigh. "I should've, but I just couldn't do it. I was so overwhelmed and I tried kicking him but he choked me till I couldn't breathe, and I truthfully didn't want to hurt him at all,"