Chapter 21 : Rumours

Start from the beginning

The two shorties stare at you with intrigue. They both promised to not tell anyone about it, which you could trust Yachi but you found Hinata to be very sporadic at times and might accidentally let something slip. But, you had no choice than to trust he will stay silent.

Your group of four split into groups of two, Hinata and Yachi together and Kageyama and you. 

"It's going to be even trickier with our whole school knowing." you say.

"Yeah, but like you said earlier, we can't risk Oikawa knowing." Kageyama replies.

Neither of you even look at each other, just keeping your gazes low and in front of you.

"We can't have anyone else knowing the truth." you say.

"Yeah. Two people is already two too many to know. We need to be extra cautious in public." Kageyama says.

You both agree and split your own ways home.

'it's true that it's going to be hard. We can't risk anything.'

*Time skip - next day (Tuesday)*

You met up with Kageyama on your walk and handed him one of your air pods.

"We haven't listened to your music in a while now." he says.

"Yeah, well I think we need a bit of a distraction before needing to start our whole charade again." you chuckle, playing your summer-y playlist.

You two just walk alongside each other, enjoying the music playing in your ears. 'peace before needing to jump head first into today.'

When you two get to the entrance of the school, you take a pause, letting out a sigh.

"Everything alright?" Kageyama asks, looking back at you.

"Yeah. I guess we need to start pretending from now on." You could already tell it was going to be a draining day.

"Yeah. I guess so." he replies.

"You should probably put your arm around my neck or something." you say, stepping beside him.

"Oh, S-sure." He very slowly and hesitantly lifts his left arm up.

"Oh my gosh. It's not a big deal." you say, rolling your eyes. 

You grab his left hand with your right one and pull his arm around you.

"See. It's not the end of the world." you say, looking up at him and giving a soft smile. 

You two walk into school like this, gaining many stares and jealous looks. 'why are people so dense? Isn't this what they wanted?'

Getting to class, most of your classmates were already there, chatting with each other. Just like yesterday, they stopped their whispers when you two entered. But this time, they all stared at you with their jaws dropped. 

'their faces are hilarious. I wish I could take a picture of them. Ah screw it. They're the weirdos watching us like that.'

You take out your phone and take a quick pic of all of them. You and Kageyama then proceed to make your way to his desk.

Still keeping your arms where they were, you sit on his desk with him leaning against it beside you. You two just look at each other and chat.

The first bell rang, so you had to go to your seat. You spin out of his arm, still looking into his eyes and holding his hand, keeping the grasp till you are out of reach from each other. 

When you are forced to let go, you turn around to walk to your desk by the window. You wince slightly at the little show that you and Kageyama gave the class.

'ew, that was so... couple-ly'

...

At lunch, you two feel like you can relax a bit, since there is usually no one else outside.

Key word here: usually

As you two sit on the bench, listening to your music and eating your lunch, you feel a breeze catch under your hair. Trying to fix it and get it out of the way, you notice a few people behind you. 'jeez, we can't get a break, can we?'

You notice the people frantically avert their gaze when they notice you looking their way. 'they really think they're being discreet? They're so obvious!'

You decide to scoot closer to Kageyama.

"People are watching us." you whisper in his ear.

He turns his head back to see for himself.

"Can't people give us a break!" he whispers back.

"I know right!"

He brings his arm up and rests it around your shoulder. Much less hesitant than this morning. Like that, you two just keep eating your lunches and stay silent, listening to your music.

'how long are we going to need to keep this up?'

(A/n: Hey y'all. Can't believe I managed to update 7 days in a row. Things are going to get more interesting from now on. I'll let y'all know if there will be a change in my update habits because I qualified to represent my country but my coach has been scarily quiet, so I have no idea when I will need to start practicing again. But besides that, I hope you liked the part and see you in the next chapter <3)

Word Count ~ 1299