23

a text 

from

clay.

hey, i was wondering if we could. talk?

the message read i didn't know how to respond. he hasn't asked to meet since we have been talking this was different i thought to myself. maybe it was time to finally talk face to face. 

why do i keep running back to him? i asked myself as i typed a short but effective answer. 

yea that would be great.

i sent and i dropped my phone on the ground leaning my head against the stall wall thinking about what i could possibly do, there was nothing that was coming to mind. 

"y/n?" i heard a voice speak at the stall door. 

I stood up and tucked my phone away i wiped the small droplets from my face and opened the stall to be greeted by a regretful Wilbur. 

"I'm sorry. i wasn't being concreted," he said standing in front of me. 

"it's fine." i said walking around him and washing my hands paying no mind to him and his look of confusion. "can i ask you something?" will said before i could leave the bathroom, 

"shot." i said crossing arms, i could see his eyes glistening and a little damp, "will you go back to him?" he said looking at me in the eyes waiting for the response to pull him out of the slump he was in, im not gonna lie, me and will are like an up and down rollercoaster, first we are flying high and then the next thing you know we're falling and crashing. it was oddly confusing. 

i didn't know how to respond i knew he was hoping for something i wasn't sure i knew the answer to, 

"you want me to be honest with you?" i said looking at his dangling arms and then back to his face. especially his brownie brown eyes.

"brutal," he said with a flat uneasy face.

"i don't know, but i don't doubt it," i said letting my arms fall, did i just say that?

"one more question," he said in the same stance he was in before.

"I'm listening," i said standing strong.

"why," he said this time he shoved his hands in his front pockets. 

why? i could really pour my heart out.

"We have history," i said shrugging my shoulders

i could see the light in his eyes or the hope in his eyes fade and all that was left was the painful twist of his hope getting crushed into pieces. 

"i love you y/n" he said looking down at his feet. 

what? i thought my myself before what he actually said kicked in. he loved me? 

"wh-hat?" i said studdering over my words. did he just confess he loved me in a girl's restroom? 

"im in love with you." he said calmly closing his eyes 

"love is a strong word. will," i said squinting my eyes a little.

"and i know that. but it's true," he said this time standing confidently.

"will i don't think you're ready for that, kind of, how do i say it. commitment," i said trying to dumb down my words.

"and that's why we can take it slow if you are willing to," he said almost as we were bargeting.

"will, i like you. i truly do. but i can't promise you a future." i said. that was my biggest fear commitment or planing the future i don't know what it was ahead of me and didn't want him to think i was in full force.

"that's okay. love. I'm willing to try." he said stepping closer and gliding his hand to my face connecting the passion i had with him, it sizzled inside me like a warm soup.

"are you?" he said leaning down to my face stopping a few inches away. his breath was safe so i muttered the words.

"ill try."