Chapter Seventy-Seven: Family Parties Are The Best

*Y/N's POV*

   "Fred, did you remember to wrap Harry's gift last night?" I asked as I finished off my makeup in front of the bathroom mirror. 

   "Course I did!" he called from the living room, "Just out of curiosity, where did you last put the wrapping paper and tape?" 

   "Oh, bloody hell," I muttered to myself, "The second drawer to the left of the sink!" 

   "Found them!" he called back before I heard the cutting and taping of paper against a box.

   I let out a small chuckle, "Ribbon is in the drawer below it!" 

   "Thank you!" Fred answered as I heard another drawer open and close quickly, "Ta-da!" Fred presented the quickly-wrapped box. 

   "Looks better than I expected," I giggled, taking the box from him, "And you did remember to put the present in the box before you wrapped it all up, right?" 

   Fred's eyes widened, "Would you excuse me a moment?" he asked before dashing off into our bedroom. He came back a few moments later, holding a more neatly wrapped present, "What the bloody hell is this?" 

   I couldn't hold back my laughter any longer, "Umm, Harry's birthday gift?"

   "And just when did you do this?" 

   "Last night after realizing I had asked you to do something while you and George were playing with your new products." 

   "What's that got to do with anything?" 

   "You're not a very good multitasker, Fred," he looked offended at my comment, "Don't sweat it, love. It's all taken care of, that's what matters." 

   "I am a great multitasker! I mean I run a bloody joke shop for Merlin's sake!"

   "You're right," I surrendered the playful argument as I finished up in the bathroom, "I shouldn't have underestimated your abilities. But to be fair, you didn't do what I asked and that's fine," I added before he could protest, "Harry's present is done and ready so there's no need to dwell on the matter further." 

   "You're lucky we need to get going, otherwise we'd have a very long discussion on how I'm a great multitasker," Fred quipped as he tugged on his coat and handed me mine. 

   "No need for theatrics, sweetheart," I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before stepping into the fireplace, Fred following suit. 

   "I know you're not the one calling me dramatic," Fred raised a brow. I rolled my eyes, releasing my handful of Floo powder and calling out for the Burrow. 

   We stepped out of the fireplace to festive decorations covering all parts of the Burrow just as they had done for Fred and I's wedding a few months back. 

   "You made it!" Ginny grinned as she wrapped me into a hug. 

   I could smell the slight stench of alcohol, "Nice to see you too, Gin. Now, what's in the cup?" 

   "Just a bit of Firewhiskey, I mean I am eighteen now," she smiled. 

   "And how many of those have you had?" Fred added. 

   "As many as I'd like! Your babies are here," she poked my belly, "Don't go using all your fatherly-ness on me, Frederick!" 

   "Alright, Gin," I interjected, giggling, "Think it might be time to start switching over to pumpkin juice or something for a bit." 

   "Wow, you two really are old now," Ginny commented. 

   "We're not old!" I responded. 

   "Oh, come on, Y/N, you know for a fact if you weren't pregnant that you would've already challenged to drink me and everybody else here under the table. Fred, you don't even have an excuse," she teased.