Chapter Seventy-Four: A New Friend

*Y/N's POV*

   Time certainly does fly when there's nothing to do but play the long game. Pregnancy was finally becoming me as I finished my second trimester. Twins obviously took up more space so at just seven months pregnant, I'd felt as if I was ready to pop. And unfortunately, the third trimester came with, what I considered, to be the worst of the pregnancy symptoms.

   "No, that's going to give me horrible acid reflux," I snapped at Fred. 

   "Darling," he paused, "It's ice water." 

   "Oh, sorry," I huffed, smiling apologetically as he handed over the glass, "I'm just so used to answering like that whenever anyone offers me anything. Thank you, Fred." 

   "No problem," he chuckled, as he got a cup of tea for himself, "So, I shouldn't offer you a cup of this then?" 

   I shrugged, "Tea actually hasn't had an effect yet so, I'll take a cup please." Fred nodded, turning to make me a cup, "So, the rest of the baby furniture is getting delivered today, right?" 

   Fred nodded as he slid the tea over, "Dressers and bookshelves. Mum said we could come by at whatever time today to grab the cribs." 

   "Alright, we can grab them after we finish our shift at the shop," I agreed, sipping my tea. 

   Fred shook his head laughing, "You're so funny, sweetheart." 

   "Excuse me?" 

   "It's just that," Fred snickered, "You honestly don't think I'm going to let you work a full shift with me at seven months pregnant, do you?" 

   "I didn't think I needed your permission," I quipped. 

   "Love, I didn't mean it like that," Fred corrected himself as he saw me raise a brow, "All I'm saying is that wouldn't you rather work in the back office as we agreed in the beginning?" 

   "No, I wouldn't," I finished my cup, "That gets so boring. I miss being at the front of the shop, dealing with customers, and laughing with all the kids. That's why I started working here." 

   "Not cause of me and George?" 

   "Well, obviously but the excitement is what keeps me interested in the job. If I wanted a boring office job then I would've gone to work with Percy." 

   "Dreadful idea," Fred quipped as he finished off his tea. 

   "Exactly. Now," I got up from the stool, my hand stalling Fred who was rushing to help, "I'll meet you downstairs. I'm going to get everything ready, Verity should be here soon." 

   "But Y/N-" 

   "I'm not negotiating anything, Fred," I cut him off as I waddled over to the stairs. 

   "Least let me help you down!" he chased after me. 

*FRED's POV*

   I know Y/N was getting irritated by my constant looming around her but how could I not? Seven months pregnant with twins and she thinks she can go about everything as if it's just another day. And she thinks I'm the one going mad. 

   "Y/N, please tell me if you need something from the higher shelves, I don't need you climbing," I pleaded. 

   "Fred, it's a two-step ladder, and the only reason I even used it was because I left my wand in my coat in the office." 

   "Well, maybe you should go get it and maybe take a rest in the office, get off your feet a bit." 

   "Well, since you wanna be so helpful, be a dear and get it for me?" she raised her brow.