Chapter Nine: Drunk and Angry

*FRED'S POV*

     What the hell was I thinking? Flirting with Angelina like that in front of her. I wanted to make up with her, how was this going to solve anything? I just wanted to be with her again, needed to speak to her again, needed to see her again. I thought I'd talk with her during the party but she was nowhere to be found.

     "Oi, Granger!" I called Hermione as she was chatting with some other Gryffindor girls.

     She was smiling before turning around and sneering at me slightly, "What is it now, Fred?"

     "I was just wondering where Y/N was, I need to talk to her," I rubbed the back of my neck.

     "Oh, now you want to talk to her? She's been trying to speak with you for days and you never even had the decency to give her the time of day," Hermione erupted, whispering still so as to not draw any unwanted attention.

     "I've been wanting to talk to her, really I have. But after seeing her with Diggory in the courtyard, I-"

     "Y/N explained to me what happened. She went to tell Cedric that she didn't want to go out with him because she liked you, Fred. And the only reason she didn't get to finish telling you was because Professor Moody had turned her cousin into a ferret so, she was a little preoccupied! Then when she went back to talk to you, you'd already run off to do Godric knows what!"

     "I-I didn't know, she just took off-"

     "That's because you haven't given her the time to explain and now she's gone after Cedric!" Hermione blurted out, a gasp following as her hand slapped over her mouth, "I-I didn't mean to say all of that."

     "What do you mean she's gone after Cedric?" I asked, my fists unknowingly curling.

     "I-I don't know. After the tournament, she said she needed to go speak with him before the party, and then she went off to find him while Ron and I came back here,"

     "You just let her go?!" I exploded.

     "Well, it wasn't my job to stop her, now was it?! Maybe if you hadn't been ignoring her then she wouldn't have wanted to go find him!" My jaw clenched in anger as I went over to my bag, yanking out the Firewhiskey George and I had snuck into the castle, taking a couple of swigs as I began to feel tipsy.

*Y/N's POV*

     I was happily walking back over to the Gryffindor Common Room, hoping that the party was still going. Judging off the music I could hear from down the hall, it most certainly was. I walked in, still smiling absentmindedly.

     "Y/N!" a drunk George approached me, throwing his arm around me, "Where've you been?"

     "Nowhere important, Georgie," I sneered at the scent of the Firewhiskey, "Geez, how drunk are you?"

     "Not as drunk as Freddie, over there," he pointed over to Fred who was leaning against the wall near the fireplace, talking to Angelina. I stiffened at the sight of them. Angelina had her hand on Fred's arm as she giggled loudly. George was right, at a closer look, it seemed that the support of the fireplace was the only thing keeping Fred from falling over. 

     "George, think I could get a nip of that?" I asked. George didn't hesitate to hand the bottle over to me, smiling gladly. I took a couple short chugs, despite the obvious stinging of the alcohol on my tongue and throat. Fred glanced over, making eye contact with me as I handed the bottle back to George, feelings its effects nearly immediately. I wiped my mouth as I stumbled over to Hermione.