"Hang on." The woman shook her head, bent over her hospital bed, as Derek rubbed circles on her back.

The world around Helena was still blurry, as she could barely understand the rest of the conversation. She had backed up against a wall, almost wanting to disappear onto it. Almost like she had when Meredith had drowned, as her throughs ran.

He was here. He was in the hospital. She didn't think he had recognized her. He hadn't even blinked when he saw her. He had a kid. He had a name. He was in the hospital.

"Baby Einstein?" Cristina called out, making Helena snap out of her thoughts. "You ok?"

"What? Yes? How's your pain, Mer?" She asked, noticing Derek had already walked out of the room.

"9!" Meredith groaned. "Talk to me, distract me, it helps."

"Well, Owen is-" Cristina started, the thunder being heard outside their window.

"He's here." Helena let out, her voice shaky. "The man who, when I was nineteen... he's- he's here."

"What?!" Meredith let out, still bent over the bed. "How? Why? I'm gonna kill him!

In contrast, Cristina did something that was so uncharacteristic for her. She was left speechless, her mouth opening and closing. And she simply approached the girl, putting her arms around her, in a tight and comforting hug. One that made the younger girl's lip tremble over her shoulder.

"You're ok." Cristina reassured. "You're safe."

——

"Arizona." Helena called out, entering the NICU. "Can you take an appy for me?"

"Oh, I really can't." She shook her head. "Not many nurses made it in, we're understaffed here in the NICU already, cause the babies haven't all been evacuated."

"Can someone else take it?" She tried.

"Lena, we're understaffed, you're the only peds surgeon in the ER, we can't spare another one." She explained, opening a chart on her tablet. Then, looking up, she furrowed her brows. "Plus, I know Meredith gone into birth, but she has Cristina and Derek. And it's just an appy, it'll be quick. You could do it in your sleep, and then you'll get back to Mer."

"Right." Helena nodded. "It's just an appy."

——

"Mark?" Helena was in the OR's gallery, having turned the mic on.

"Yeah?" Mark looked up from his patient.

"Is there any other plastic surgeon that can-" She started. However, right then, the man on the table started coding.

"Crap..." Mark let out, as he hurried to stop his bleeding. Helena bit the inside of her cheek as she watched, as the man stopped coding. "Yeah, honey, what do you need?"

"No, n- it's nothing. Just... I'm going to go into surgery. I thought I should let you know." She muttered, leaving the room.

She needed her Mark. She needed him more than ever. But, right now, he's had to save a man's life.

And she had to save a child's. No matter whose it was.