Backsear Rider (Lizzie)

Being best friends with Lizzie then being replaced by Hope after Lizzie gets her first car. Lizzie is Elizabeth Forbes daughter of Caroline Forbes. Father is unknown. Josie is Josette Laughlin daughter of Jo Laughlin and Alaric Saltzman. Alaric is dead. Lizzie and Josie aren't related.

I watched as Hope and Lizzie walked into the cafeteria laughing. I was already at the table with the usuals, so I paid them no real attention. It's not like Lizzie's paid much attention to me anyways.

After Hope and Lizzie got their food and came to sit down at the table I packed my stuff and left. Josie following after me.

"Y/N! Wait!" She reached for my hand as I turned the corner.

I turned to face her. "What's up Josie?" I tried to act like I was okay.

"I was wondering the same thing. Since when aren't you hanging out with Lizzie Forbes? I thought you and her were best friends."

"I thought that too Jo. I have things to do. I'll see you around." I turned and left her alone.

————

I went out into the woods to look for Penelope. She's the only person I've trusted other than Lizzie. I found her at the old mill smoking with some of the vampires.

"Pen?" I called for her attention.

"Y/nn," she gave me a turtle smile. "What brings you out here?"

"Can we talk?" I asked shyly.

"Always." She smiled. "I'll see y'all later." She grabbed two joints and made her way over to the me.

"Figured we'd need these." She held out the joints to me.

I chuckled lightly. "With you always."

We sat on the dock and started smoking one of the joints.

"How was your day? Normally you don't seek me out out here." Penelope started the conversation since I just sat there.

"Josie noticed I haven't been hanging out with Lizzie. She asked me about it today."

"And you said?"

"Well she said she thought we were best friends and I just said so did I." I shrugged.

"Come on y/nn Lizzie has been such a shitty friend to you these past few weeks. Ever since she got her stupid car. It's been Hope for everything. Tribrid or not she's not more important than you. You've been the best friend anyone could have asked for and she's just replacing you right in front of you."

"Stop." I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Remember when you called me to pick you up cause you were tired of being with them cause you hadn't even said a word in hours. You deserve a better friend than Elizabeth freaking Forbes. Please tell me you realize that y/nn?" She looked at me with sad eyes.

"I have you." I shrugged hanging my head.

She chuckled and put her arm around me. "Always squirt but you need to get past this Lizzie stuff. A new friend might help."

I laughed dryly, "yeah I totally want to go around making friends right now."

"You can always try talking more to Josie. She's been asking if you're okay." Penelope said with a small smile.

I gave her a confused look. "Since when do you and Josie talk?"

"We don't. She's asked me a couple times if I knew you were okay or if I knew what was going on. She's a friend you've never really paid much attention to if you think about it."