Dancing With Your Ghost (Lizzie)

A year after Lizzie died on a mission with Hope. It's been difficult for you and you blame Hope. You finally write a song for the first time since she died.

I woke up feeling empty. As I have been since Lizzie died. I dragged myself out of bed and went into the shower. I took an extra long shower before I finally got dressed. I was doing my hair just the way Lizzie use to like it, thinking of her.

A knock on my door brought me out of my thoughts. Who was at my door? I thought annoyed. I hated talking to most people now. They always wanted to know how I was doing. Always telling me I had to get out there again. That Lizzie wouldn't want me spending all my time alone.

They might be right but I wasn't ready. Lizzie was the first person I ever let in. She was my world and now she was just gone.

I threw open my door frustrated. "What?" I grumbled without looking at who it was.

I came face to face with Hope Fucken Mikealson. What the hell did she want now?

"I just wanted to come check on you..." Hope said as she gave me a sad smile.

"I'm not here to ease your guilt Mikealson." I rolled my eyes. "I told you to stop bothering me."

Hope sighed. "You can't keep pushing everyone away y/nn."

I chuckled. "Maybe not but I sure as hell can keep pushing you away."

I slammed my door in her face. How could she just talk to me like that? She knew every time I looked at her I saw Lizzie dead body. She was the reason I lost her.

I grabbed my backpack, my phone, and earphones before hopping out my window. I then walked to the cemetery where Lizzie was buried.

I sat by her headstone and put on my earphones. I always listened to all her favorite songs while I sat here. I knew she would be mad at me for not having written anything.

"You're girlfriend, ME, has died a tragic death and you, the SONG WRITER, doesn't even write one song. It's like you're last good bye to me. How could you not have written anything? Did my death not hurt enough for a song?" I hear her voice in my head because I wrote songs for everything.

Every time I had something important to say to her I had to write a song for it to make sense. She loved me writing for her. She would want a last goodbye.

I've sat here everyday since we buried her and tried to write her the song I knew she deserved but it's like that spark I had to write was gone.

Since she died my joy of making music has disappeared. I pick up an instrument and I get the urge to smash it to pieces instead of create music. I try to write lyrics down and I get so frustrated I end up setting my notebook on fire.

The past week I've been able to write long enough without setting anything on fire. I wanted to have her song ready before her one year death anniversary.

Her one year death anniversary is in two days. I've written most of the song just sitting here with her. I just had to get the music down.

I still hadn't gotten over the urge to smash every instrument my hands touch so I have been putting it off.

I stared at her headstone tears in my eyes. "I miss you so much Lizzie." My heart felt like it rebroke every time I said I missed her. "Why'd you leave me here all alone?" Tears rolled down my face.

I wiped my tears as our song began playing.

"I want to make you proud baby but it hurts. How can I keep living like this? Without you?" I shake my head trying to get the negative thoughts out. "I wish it was me baby."