Older Part 3 (Rosie's Daughter)

You meet this OTHER woman...

I held Serenity's hand tightly as we walked into the restaurant. After two hours of arguing about it she convinced me that not everything will fall apart tonight. She promised I wouldn't trigger my curse.

We approached the hostess who smiled at us. "Good evening, what's the name on your reservation?" She quickly asked looking down at her book.

"We're meeting someone. The name is Waithe." Serenity said for me.

The hostess smiles. "This way." She then lead us to a private room where my father was with the woman I had seen him at brunch with. I felt sick to my stomach seeing his hand on her thigh, I also felt angry. How long has he just sat in restaurants with this woman like this?

My grip tightened on Serenity's hand. She kissed my cheek and whispered, "It's okay baby. You're gonna be fine. We got this. I'm right here."

I closed my eyes taking a deep breathe nodding slowly. As long as I had her, I could do this.

My dad got up out of his chair and came over to greet us. He gave me a side hug and shook Serenity's free hand.

"I'm so glad you could make it y/nn. It's great to finally meet you Serenity." He motioned for us to sit across from him and that woman.

Serenity pulled me to sit down next to her. I held her hand tightly staying close to her. I felt my anger just grow being in their presence.

"I want you to meet Carly. I know your mom has introduced Jade to you so, I figured I'd introduce Carly to you." He smiled and looked at Carly lovingly.

"Thanks for the heads up." I glared at them. I tugged on Serenity's hand. "We should go."

Serenity got up ready to follow me.

"Don't go y/nn. You gave Jade a chance." My dad tried to argue.

I laughed bitterly and Serenity tried to pull me out of the private room. I just faced my dad my face red with anger.

"Jade isn't a dirty home wrecker." I growled.

"Babe!" Serenity yelled her eyes wide.

I looked at her and took a deep breathe. She's right. That was uncalled for.

"Carly is not a dirty home wrecker. Apologize y/n. You don't act this way. What the hell has gotten into you?" My dad growled at me.

I was just starting to calm down. Why did he have to push me?

"Shut the hell up you dirty cheat. You're an ungrateful lying asshole. I never want to see you again!"

I pulled Serenity out of the restaurant before I lost it completely. We reached the car and she tried to get me to calm down and look at her.

"Baby breathe. It's okay. Look at me. Breathe baby breathe." She cupped my face.

I had my eyes clothes taking deep breathes. Her voice was almost soothing.

I opened my eyes and Serenity gasped.

I jumped away from her. "What?"

Serenity pulled me back gently caressing my cheek. "You're eyes are glowing yellow baby."

That makes no sense. I haven't triggered my curse. How can my eyes be yellow?

"Take me home." I hugged her quickly before we got into the car.

—————

"Mom!" I yelled as I ran inside my house.

"Josie!" Serenity yelled. She smiled every time she said my moms name. She felt special to be able to call her by her name.