She's Different Now Part 2 (Josie)

Part 2 that you guys wanted🤷🏻‍♀️ don't hate me 👁👄👁

"I'm sorry Jo. I can't."

I still stayed sitting on my bed looking at her. I felt awful. She looked down at her hands. Played mindlessly with her fingers a sad frown on her pouty lips.

Five minutes had passed and still she said nothing. Hadn't even moved a muscle.

"Jo. Look at me, please. Say something, anything." I reached out to grab her hand and she just pulled her hand away.

"Did I—" she shook her head. "I didn't imagine any of this." She gestured between us. "You like me, so why can't you?" She looked me straight in the eye. I wasn't expecting her to be so blunt with her answer.

I sat there looking at her. Thinking of everything. How it hurt so much when I caught Penelope with Stella. How I never wanted anyone to feel the way I did even if it's my sister. Then I thought of our inside jokes and happy memories. I smiled for a second. I thought about how it felt kissing her moments ago. It was blissful. A tear rolls down my cheek. I shake the thought out my head closing my eyes.

I then looked at her with sad eyes. "Jo I—" she didn't even let me finish. Like I had taken too long thinking and she decided, I talked myself out of anything good with her. Which she wouldn't be wrong.

Josie jumped off the bed looking at me angrily. "No! I don't want to hear some pathetic excuse! Your sister only ever gave me those. You're hiding behind the truth just like she does. Why are you suddenly acting like her?"

I jumped up defensively. "I'm nothing like Penelope!"

This is definitely not how I expect this to go. We've never fought before. I thought we would talk this out.

"Well, you're sure as hell are acting like her right now!" Josie stormed out of my room slamming the door.

I threw myself on my bed and screamed into my pillows. Groaning afterwards when I smell her perfume still on my pillows. God I'm so stupid.

Whatever my sister said to her did this. Josie and I had never cuddled like that before. Never seen a movie so God damn randomly provocative. My stupid sister ruined everything.

There was a knock on my door that pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Who is it?" I called as I turned off the movie and cleaned up my room out of frustrating.

"Headmaster Saltzman,"

I froze. What the hell is he doing here? Surely Josie went to cry to Lizzie about what happened. There's no way he could know.

I warily open my door. "Yes, Headmaster Saltzman?" I half smiled.

"Good evening Ms. Park. I came to inform you that tomorrow, another bed will be placed in your room along with some furniture. You're getting a roommate." He smiled before walking off not catching my face fall.

A roommate? I haven't shared a room since Penelope, and I were kids. There must be some mistake. My parents always paid extra for Penelope and me to have our own rooms. That way we could always talk to each other.

Who is the hell going to be my roommate?

———————

I didn't sleep a wink last night. Knowing Josie was mad at me had me feeling this uneasy sensation in my stomach. I was mad at Penelope for causing this, so I didn't call her like I usually do on restless nights.  So, I just tossed and turned all night.

I got up and put on some running clothes. I haven't run in a while, but I've also haven't needed to blow off steam like this before. I missed Belgium more than ever before.