XXX. [ Final ]

-JENNIE-

"Hey, dad. Yup, I'm on my way." I smile at my co-workers, waiving them goodbye all while talking to my father on the phone. 

"I won't take long, I promise." I chuckle at his impatience.

"Bye Atty. Kim!" One of my senior co-workers waived at me and I bowed a little.

"Drive safely, Atty. Jung." I say in return.

"Why didn't you call her instead?" Dad annoyingly asked and I roll my eyes. 

"Dad, she's busy okay. Besides, the cafe's just a few minutes walk from the office." I reasoned out, scratching my head a little and started walking. 

"No, hush. Just enjoy Singapore with uncle Mace, tell him I said hi." I bit my lip and frowned. 

"Why don't you tell him that yourself." Dad's voice was laced with a little annoyance but I decided I don't wanna fight so I just sucked it all up and sighed.

"You know what happened, I can't face uncle Mace after all that."

"You know you can, he's just waiting for you to talk to him sweetie. He doesn't really mind at all, I mean sure it happened but he's over it." Dad explains and I unconsciously nodded my head.

"Alright, I'll ring him up after I go talk to his daughter." I replied before bidding him goodbye. 

The cold winter wind whooshes, hitting my skin and making me shiver despite this thick ass coat draped all over my body. A bittersweet smile lingering on my lips as I let my feet lead me to the familiar place that I love and hold close to my heart.

I took a left turn and saw the big signage of uncle Mace's café, I walked nervously and collected myself before facing Rosie. 

My Rosie who was all alone and making coffee by the station.

She immediately saw me by the glass window and smiled, waiving her hand for me to come inside the empty coffee shop. I sighed loudly, feeling the wild beating of my heart against my chest. 

After so long, this is it.

I pushed the door open and was greeted by the warm air inside, I scan the whole room feeling myself tear up a little but I held it in. 

I'm gonna miss this place. 

"Hey..." Rosie gave me a half smile and I nodded, nervously playing my trembling hands.

"The coffee's ready in five minutes." She nonchalantly announced, wiping her hands with a washcloth. 

"You look cold." She said after scanning me from head to toe.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out, taking her off guard.

"I don't wanna hear it." She whispers, clicking something on the computer before walking towards me. 

"Take off your coat, here..." Rosie handed me a cup of caramel macchiato, my favourite. But what caught my attention wasn't the kind gesture, or the idea of having to drink hot coffee in this cold day. It was rather the blinding sparkle of the metallic thing on her left ring finger, leaving me to swallow down a huge regret. 

I should have done my best to keep it.

"Come on drink it, it's not good when cold." Rosie smiled, walking towards me behind the counter.

I took a sip, feeling myself be transported back to the day when she first handed me my favourite drink, I remember it being the best tasting caramel macchiato that I have ever tasted. I remember her making it better than I do, and I thought I make my favourite coffee better than anybody else, but I was wrong.