VIII.

The two girls sat beside each other on the long dining table, awkwardly ducking their heads down, not daring to say anything, or even glance at each other.

Their fathers, who were seated on the ends of the table however, looked at each other knowingly. The brunette's father then cleared his throat, getting everyone's attention.

"It's not bad if you like each other." He suddenly blurted out, breaking off the silence and eyeing his best friend to ask for support.

Shock.

Jennie's eyes widen at her father's words, she then look at Roseanne for awhile before shaking her head. Her dad is clearly misunderstanding everything.

"Jesus, dad.." She was about to say something but the blonde's father cut her off instead.

"Yeah, yeah. Ed and I will support you guys. You shouldn't have to keep your relationship or whatever, we're totally cool with it." The blonde's father gulped, awkwardly seconding his best friends words.

Awkward.

Roseanne grimaced after hearing her father, she immediately said something along the lines of; "It's not like that, okay?" Before looking apologetically at the pissed cat eyed beauty beside her.

"Totally. We're totally cool with it. Hmm." Edward Kim added.

"In fact, we want it." Mason Park smiled, wholeheartedly this time. "Ed and I will be family at last." He then laughed, along with Jennie's father.

Good God.

Jennie thought. She abruptly stood up, not caring about how rude she is behaving right now.

"Rosie and I aren't kissing, okay? We're not gays. I'm straight as fuck! And Rosie is too." She frustratingly snapped, now annoyed of their absurd assumption.

"Jennie! Manners! Language!" Her dad scolded, looking apologetically at his best friend after.

It wasn't a big deal to Jennie, because it wasn't true. She's not gay and neither is Rosie... and besides, it's not like the two of them are friends so why is she behaving like this?

Oh, right. It was because of Rosie.

Of the blonde girl that was awkwardly sitting beside her who just listened to the three of them argue. She don't wanna make it harder and more awkward for the girl, and she doesn't want them to be uncomfortable after this too.

Jennie doesn't want Roseanne to distance herself, not when she's starting to like her company a bit more.

Jennie rolled her eyes, apologizing to the men and mumbling a soft sorry at the end before sitting back down to resume eating her food.

The rest of the night was awkward. And just after dinner, both the father and daughter excused themselves.

"You were rude tonight, Jennie." Jennie's dad disappointedly said, cleaning the dining table while Jennie washes the dishes.

"Well I wouldn't be if you didn't say those words in the first place. Damn dad, you know I'm straight." Jennie whined, scrubbing the plates furiously.

"Well I didn't know you were still, okay? We thought we saw you two kissing, and we just wanna reassure you guys that if ever you were, we're still be proud of you two. Nothing will change." Edward walk behind his daughter, back hugging her for awhile before kissing her head.

"Sorry, it was my fault." He apologized.

"It's fine. I'm sorry for the way I behaved earlier too. It's just that... I don't want Rosie to be more awkward, she has the tendency to be one." Jennie half smiled at her dad before turning her attention back to the dishes.