XXIV.

"Cause I love you!"

Jennie froze, holding her breath in shock while looking at the angry blonde confess her feelings to her.

"I fucking love you!"

It has finally dawned her that everything her Rosie felt for her all this time wasn't just liking, on the contrary of what she thought it was.

Of course the older girl wasn't oblivious to everything, she knew all about their undeniable sweetness, and she acknowledges those warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of her stomach whenever she's with the blonde, but she thought that it would just be infatuation, or admiration, and not as deep and complicated as love.

She was left speechless, she couldn't find words. No, she don't know what to say or feel about it.

"No..." She whispers instead, dropping her gaze down.

This is what she does best, pushing all things that changes her rather uncomplicated life away. It was clear that she doesn't know how to handle any situation that overwhelms her, well.

"What?" Roseanne's voice echoes through the hallways, and she walks towards Jennie angrily.

"N-no you don't." Jennie stutters, avoiding the blonde's gaze, and chewing her bottom lip anxiously.

"What the hell, Jennie? I do! I do fucking love you, what the fuck." Roseanne seethed furiously, beyond baffled to hear the love of her life deny her feelings.

"Yeah, but as friends. Right?" Jennie this time gathered all her strength and looked at the crying Roseanne.

"No... No!" The latter yelled at the top of her voice, sighing in disbelief after.

"Jesus, Jennie. If you don't love me, it's fine, but don't say that!" Rosie aggressively tug on her roots in both anger and frustration.

"Please don't say that I only love you as a friend, don't say that I don't love you!"

"But you don't, you don't." Jennie replied softly, eyes brimming with tears.

"I do! God, fuck this shit." The younger girl raise both her hands in defeat and chuckles humorlessly.

"Have it what you want, whatever. I'm out." She nods her head and backs away slowly, until she was no longer in the sight of the crying brunette.

---

"Hey, Roseanne!" Jisoo yells, waiving her hand up to get the former's attention.

"Is she crying?" Lisa whispers beside her, eyes narrowing at the blonde that was running towards them.

Roseanne ran with all her might, and aggressively pulls her short, raven haired, friend. She hugs her tight without any explanation what so ever and sobs harder.

"Hey..." Jisoo whispers, turning her head to look at Lisa in confusion. Lisa shrug her shoulders, then stare at her best friend with concern.

"What's wrong, Roeroe? Where's Jennie?" Jisoo cooed, running her hands behind her friends back to calm her.

"What's wrong, Rosie?" Lisa asks worriedly, wiping the blonde's cheeks.

"I saw... hic... Jennie... hic... In the changing room with... Ch-chanyeol." Roseanne says amidst hiccups.

"I don't know if.... if she still loves him but... I—"