XXII.

-ROSEANNE-

After last night, I became more than confused, I don't know what Jennie and I exactly are, but I just know that it's never gonna be the same between us again, well at least not for me.

Jennie seemed to be her usual self, but I can tell she's a bit quiet. I can tell there's something here and there, but I can't really point out what.

Or maybe it's just me.

"We're home." I said, turning to face her.

"Oh, thank you for driving me home, Rosie." She looked at me while smiling weakly, gathering her things before turning to me.

"Listen, about last night..."

"It's fine. I know it meant nothing, Jen." I gave her a weak smile after cutting her off, trying my best to reassure her that nothing between us will ever change, and that I will forever stay as her friend. Because even though I already admitted to myself that I love her, I can't really expect anything much from her in return.

"Oh..." There was a short pause followed by a soft puff of air from her mouth.

"Thank you." She weakly uttered, inhaling a deep breath before opening the car door.

"See you tomorrow, I guess."

"Yeah, oh and Jennie..."

"What?" She turned around rather quickly, and I felt my breath hitch, why is she so damn perfect in every little way.

"I was uhm, well..." I scratch my head and suddenly felt shy to talk.

"Well what is it?" Jennie huffed, pulling her suitcase and stopping in front of their gate.

"I don't usually participate in games, and as you know, intrams starts tomorrow." I trailed off, looking at her patient cat eyes that stare back at me.

"I usually just sing in the quad, but I think I'm gonna play this year." Jennie's eyes widen at what I said, excitement filled her eyes as she run towards me.

"For real?! I'm in the swimming team, what about you?"

"The basketball team is short on players, and they figured I can do well there since I'm tall... So women's basketball it is." I awkwardly smiled.

"Oh my God, that's awesome! I'll surely watch your games." Jennie smiled, placing a soft kiss on my cheek, making me blush.

"I'll be your number one supporter, you can count on me."

"Only if it means I get to go see you on your competitions too." I teased, mind slightly drifting to the thought of how hot she would look like in a one piece and swimming graciously.

"Of course, silly. Everyone can watch, actually even dad will come. Quite embarrassing really, but I can't say no." She scoffed, rolling her eyes a little in somewhat annoyance.

"Right, well good luck to you tomorrow, little mermaid." I teased, brushing her cute chin affectionately.

"You too champ, make sure to bag that MVP award for me." She said, retreating backwards and giving me a flying kiss. Adorable.

"Cause not everybody has a cheerleader like me to cheer them on." She winked playfully, leaving me chuckling.

"Damn right you are."

---

"You just arrived from a nice vacation without even bringing us something, and yet here you are, pouting after bossing us to come over? Unbelievable." The raven haired girl shook her head in disbelief.