XXVI.

Thursday.

-ROSEANNE-

I was walking alone in the almost empty hallways, searching for Jisoo and Lisa. The day has just started, but I feel so tired already.

"Huh." I exhaled loudly, wondering why I still came to school despite staying up all night, crying. My set was done, and so were my games. There's really nothing in store for me left, so I don't get why I'm still here when I should have been at home, enjoying my long weekend instead.

"Tickets for the lantern dance! Tickets for lantern the dance!" A wavy haired tall man with glasses yells, he was holding a bunch of tickets and was selling it to everyone who walks into his direction.

"Suck my dick!" One asshole walking in front of me yells back.

"With pleasure." He smiles sweetly, staring at former uncomfortably as he walks past him.

"Eww, gay." The douche bag adds.

"Eww, homophobe." He jabs in return.

I shook my head at their vulgar words, burying half of my face inside my sweater as I walk behind that rude asshole.

"Hey!" I almost jumped when the man in his glasses yelled at me.

"Tickets for the lantern dance? It's only 10,000 won." He smiles and offers me the small paper ticket.

"No, thank you." I politely decline and was about to leave, if not only for his hand on my wrist, preventing me from taking another step.

"Hey, come on, everyone will go to the lantern dance." He smiles widely and looked at me as if I was joking.

"Well, apparently not everyone." I said flat.

"Oh..."

There must have been a hint on my face that gave me away, and made him sigh like that. I must have been too obvious, but how can one just simply hide the fact that they're broken inside and in pain without vividly showing any signs of it?

"Well, I'll tell you what... The lantern dance is still tomorrow night, you still have tonight and tomorrow to decide." He insisted, still flashing me that annoying big wide smile of his.

"I have been selling this damn ticket for years already, and I've known people who regretted not buying theirs. Why don't you just buy one, put it inside your phone case, and if ever you decided you wanna go, at least you have a ticket." He creased his brows and offers again, he's very persuasive, I'll give him that.

And when I didn't answer him, he proceeded to slowly lean in and whisper something against my ear.

"If you promise to buy one, I'll let you in on one secret." He smiles triumphantly upon seeing my curious gaze, and I think I should just give in. It's clear that he's not letting me go unless I buy one anyway.

"Fine." I whipped my wallet and handed him a two 5,000 won bills, I took the ticket in return and obeyed his advice on putting it at the back of my phone.

Who knows? Maybe he's right, and maybe I'll need it.

"Now tell me that secret." I cross my arms and openly judge him and this little secret of his that he was about to spill.

"Well... we all know that the lantern dance is the most magical time of the year for this school, right? Students and staff only think that it's magical because of it's glamorous designs and whatnot's, but there's this infamous legend..." If I wasn't invested in this little secret before, then consider me hella invested now.