XVI.

-ROSEANNE-

"Dad?" I called out, walking to the smoke filled kitchen.

"What are you doing? Burning the house down again?" I chuckled at his yet another attempt of making a new pastry.

"Look, the smoke was all worth it. Come and taste it." He raise a small bowl of what seemed to be a pudding.

"Listen dad, I need to tell you something." I inhale sharply, clutching the end of my shirt while I nervously inches towards him. Dad wasn't looking at me yet, he was busy admiring his new creation and he is in a good mood. Confessing to him right now is the perfect time to do so.

"Dad." I softly whispered, getting his attention.

"I like girls." I blurted out, biting my lip nervously and waiting for his reaction.

"So?" He asks with a slight shaking of his head. "I own a dozen of coffee shops, now what?"

"No dad-"

"I thought we're playing a game of saying the obvious."

"Mind tasting it now?" His brows arched and I stare at him in confusion.

"You knew?" My eyes widen, "You're my daughter, of course I had an idea. Ever since you were two, you were letting your barbies kiss each other. And there was a cowboy in your toys but you never let him kiss your barbies." He nonchalantly said.

"I know you like girls before you do."

"So- you're not mad?"

"At you liking girls? Why would I be? You do you kid." He coolly replied, sliding the bowl down the kitchen counter.

"Now taste my new masterpiece, it's coconut pudding." He proudly smiled while I was left stunned, has my dad always been this cool?

I hesitantly tasted it and complimented the mouth watering delicious pudding he just created, "Awesome dad, this taste so good." I raised my thumb, making me him smile widely.

"Eat it all." He urges, and while I was happily munching the pudding, he pulled me to the side for a hug, out of nowhere, catching me off guard.

"Love you kid, always proud of you." He says, before giving my head a quick peck.

"Thank you dad, love you too." I smiled widely, eyes brimming with tears of happiness at knowing that he completely accepts me for who I am.

---

-JENNIE-

"Really? Uncle P is so cool, suddenly I'm nervous at telling dad." I bite my nails, rolling on top of my bed as I talk to Rosie on the phone.

"You'll be fine." She says on the other line.

"What if he doesn't accept me? I have tons of negative scenarios on my mind right now." I whined.

"He will, trust me. And if he don't, I'm here for you. Always." I found myself smiling at the genuineness of Rosie's voice, I can't help but smile and erase every negativity on my brain and focus on the good things instead.

"You know what, you're right." I tell her, making her softly chuckle.

"Thank you for always having my back, Rosie." I added, hearing a small 'you're always welcome' from her after.

"Oh wait, dad's here." I informed her when I hear his car on the garage.

"I'm gonna talk to him later in his office, I need that perfect timing."