XXVII.

-ROSEANNE-

I spin her around me over and over again, my eyes twinkling at the majestic beauty of the woman in front of me, who I'm lucky enough to call mine.

"I love you..." Jennie whispers, softly crashing her small body on mine for a warm hug.

It feels amazing. Fantastic, exhilarating.

Hearing those three little words from the mouth of someone you desperately wanna hear it from, feels like I'm on cloud 9, the highest, best place of heaven.

Crazy, how heaven does not only exist in the after life, and even crazier that my heaven on earth lies upon a pair of brown cat eyes with a soft stare, a beaming gummy smile that lights up my dreary world, a small body, a brilliant mind, and a beautiful soul.

"I love you most." I utter in response, highly entranced by how incredible she looks in this rather unexciting night.

"Your mind is somewhere else..." She whispers, her fingertips lightly brushing against my jaw.

"I just can't believe that all of this is real." My confession got her brows furrowing in confusion, making me let go a soft chuckle.

Adorable.

My heart is beyond overwhelmed.

"I won't ever let you go." I confessed some more, wrapping my arms around her back and hugging her tightly. My chin, on her shoulder, as I slightly rock her from side to side.

"I won't go." I hear her whisper against my ear all while heavily breathing, she then bury her nose on the side of my neck, inhaling my scent.

We stayed like that for a few minutes, slightly swaying our bodies to the soft music playing, just before a call from her phone interrupted us.

"It's dad." She  mouthed, answering the call and putting it on loudspeaker.

"Hey dad." Jennie greeted, turning to look at me with a wide smile as she gently fix her slightly messy hair.

"Hey baby, are you still in school?" Uncle Ed asked.

"Yeah. Listen dad, I think I'm gonna stay a little bit longer." She bit her lip and eyed me with a soft smile.

"I'm with Rosie." She admitted, blushing a little at her words.

"Rosie? Rosie like Roseanne Park, daughter of Mason, my best friend?" Her dad asked in shock, making me chuckle.

"Yes dad, we're um, okay now... Um, I'll explain everything to you later but we'll hang out first."

"Uh, okay. Um, totally fine by me. Take all the time you need." Her dad blabbered, completely sounding thrilled of us finally making up.

"Um, your uncle Mason said he'll stay the night so um, if you guys wanna stay over at his and Rosie's place then you can.... um, do so. Yeah? Yeah."

"DAD!" Jennie half yelled, her face turning bright red while I try my hardest not to laugh.

What the hell is our parents even thinking?

"I'm hanging up, good night." Jennie quickly drop the call, turning to me with an embarrassed look on her face.

"That's so embarrassing, gosh." She nervously run her hand through her hair, her eyes wandering around.

"Hey..." I tilt her chin to the side and smile.

"You don't have to be all shy and embarrassed, I'm sure everyone knows about that, right now." I informed her, pertaining to that friends with benefits set up that we once had.