VI.

-JENNIE-

"What?!" Nayeon yelled, almost busting my eardrums off and earning weird looks from some of the students inside the cafeteria.

"Can you stop yelling?" I huffed, rolling my eyes at her.

"Sorry, can't babe. Not when you just told me that the girl whom your ex-boyfriend cheated on you with, walked you to your house after your shift last Saturday. Not to mention you're working with her too?"

"Damn, the universe sure do hate you a lot." Nayeon could only shake her with the overwhelming information I just shared.

"Well that's some wild shit." Irene chuckled, surprising me by her cussing out of nowhere. Is hanging out with Roseanne really sounded that bad?

"Poor Mr. Park doesn't even know that his daughter did such a horrible thing." Irene whispered, low-key glancing at Rosie's direction.

"Well it wasn't that bad at all." I defensively added, "We talked, she explained everything to me and she even apologized countless of times, so there's that." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Aww sweetie, the world doesn't work that way. Just because she apologized doesn't mean she's forgiven and acquitted of all the things she did. What even is she thinking by trying to be close to you? To what, talk shit about Chanyeol together and act as a victim?"

"That's low, Nayeon." I warned, coldly glaring at her.

"I'm not saying Nayeon is right, but she has points. You don't know why she's acting all nice all of a sudden to you, maybe she even knows that you worked for her father." Irene reasoned out.

"Impossible, we were both shocked to see each other. Besides, when Chanyeol visited with his new girlfriend and well— bothered me, Roseanne defended me."

"She what, now?" Nayeon yelled, completely caught off guard.

"Chanyeol came to the cafe just a few minutes before we close up, I know that he intentionally came just to bother me, not knowing that Roseanne was there too." I explained, glancing back at the blonde in the other table, talking with her friends.

"He brought his little new girlfriend and was shoving it off to my face that he's doing well, you know. But I didn't care, I was calm and professional enough to get their orders and make them. Roseanne however, didn't like that he came to their cafe and surprisingly told them to get lost."

"Wow, can't say that I'm surprised though." Irene exhaled, taking a sip of her iced coffee while intently listening to my story.

"Then that little red haired bitch screamed, she was making a scene, so then Roseanne took the cold drinks from my hand and splashed it on his face, and all over his girlfriend." Nayeon and Irene were even more shocked, their jaws drop with their mouths agape, making me laugh.

"I swear, you should have seen it all. It was fucking hilarious." I chuckled, glancing back at Roseanne's direction for what seemed to be hundreds of times already. Only this time, she was already staring back at me. I instantly panicked and look away, feeling my cheeks heat up from the embarrassment of being caught by her.

"Damn. What happened after?" Nayeon asked.

"She pulled me away from the chaos and we went to the back of the cafe, we laughed about it and talked about how they both deserved it. Then her father came, telling us that we should go home because a friend of him is coming over and that he would be closing the cafe on his own." I timidly added, tucking my hair behind my ear and feeling myself get shy all of a sudden.

"Then he asked her to walk me home." My friends' eyes widen and I quickly and defensively told them that I argued with her and said that she shouldn't have, because I can take care of myself.