XXIX.

"Move your ass, Mace. We'll be late for later." Eddie hissed, opening his house's front door and immediately noticing Roseanne's coat from last night. 

"Look at this." The man chuckles, picking up the material and throwing it to his best friend. 

"Eddie!!" Mason yelps, startled with the action. 

"Do you think they had a fun time last night? I'm getting sick and tired at staying at your house, you know- don't be offended, but really... We've been giving them hints since forever!" 

"By had fun, you mean fuck around, right?" Mason finishes, earning a big slap on the shoulder from his best friend.

"You're so lewd." The other rolls his eyes and plopped down the couch. 

"Yeah, no, but you're right. They're already back to being normal, and I don't know if that means they're back to being friends with benefits again."

"Cause like,  after all the screaming about your undying love for one another, you'll settle back to that kind of set-up again? Couldn't be me." Eddie further added.

"I think they've figured their feelings out already, maybe they're just not telling us because they're not ready yet." Mason pointed out, sitting beside his best friend on the long couch.

"Yeah, but when will they be ready? I don't wanna get the news of them breaking up, one day, without even knowing that they were together in the first place."

"Not that I want them to ever break up, if ever they're really together." 

"Maybe we should ask them at dinner later. You know, nicely." Mason suggested, giving his best friend a small smile. 

"Hey, what do you mean nicely?! I am nice!" Edward Kim yelled, smacking his best friend's arms once again.

"Well remember when Jennie literally turned into a dragoness the first time we came over? All because you were being 'too assuming'?" Mason recounted, making Eddie scoff.

"Be patient this time, let them share what they want to and stay quiet at those that they don't feel like telling us. We're their parents but we're not entitled to knowing everything about them." Mason calmly added.

"Geez, since when did you become so good with this?" Edward shot him a look, making the man laugh softly. 

"My wife was so gentle and kind, I guess I got that from her." Mason smiles longingly.

"You're a great father, Mace. Better than I could ever be." Edward smiles, patting his best friends shoulder. 

"And I'm sure Rose would be so proud of you for raising your daughter so wonderfully."

"Thanks Ed, that means a lot." Mason wiped the tears in the corner of his eyes with the hem of shirt, making Edward chuckle.

"Such a old, sensitive man." 

"Come on, let's go wake the kids up." 

---

"Jennie? Rosie? It's 4 in the afternoon sweets, wake up." Mason knocked, waiting for a reply from the two. 

"What exactly did they do for them to still be asleep at 4 in the afternoon?" Edward impatiently taps his foot.

"We'll be late for the game, kids. Hurry now and wake up." Mason tries again, but failed miserably.

"Oh, fuck it. If they won't open the door then I'll open it myself." Eddie bumps Mason to the side, loudly knocking one last time before opening the door wide.