XIX.

"What happened last night?" Mason Park asked, trying to sound intimidating while crossing his arms.

"Yeah, what happened last night?" Edward seconded, cornering the two girls and hiding a huge smile on his face when he saw the two holding hands.

"Uh, I ah-" Roseanne stuttered, hands gripping the brunette's tightly.

"Dad- I can explain." Jennie trailed off, her brain starting to make up a believable lie.

"No, it should be Roseanne who should explain." The brunette's father insisted, eyes narrowing as he scan the younger blonde.

"Me?" Roseanne almost trembled in fear, deep down freaking out. Just what the hell is supposed to say?

Your daughter and I are fucking, uncle Eddie, we've been doing that for almost two months already. Shall I just casually tell him that like it's not a big deal? Roseanne thought.

"Yeah Rosie, what happened last night? Why were you carrying Jennie like that, and why is she kicking around, yelling?" The blonde's dad added, making Roseanne breathe out a shaky 'oh'.

"Oh it was nothing, Jennie and I just had a misunderstanding last night, and she was so stubborn to follow me when I told her it's already late, and we should head home." Jennie's eyes widen at the girl's words, she was about to say something in her defense but Roseanne held her hands even tighter.

"It wasn't my fault!" Jennie says instead.

"Yeah sure." Roseanne rolled her eyes, recollecting that almost kissing memory of Jennie and Jeremy. The blonde can never not be pissed at that, ever!

"Oh, but is that it? Or-" Jennie creased her brows, trying to probe more information that they might have seen or heard last night.

"No, there wasn't anything more." Mason shrugged his shoulders, looking at his best friend before asking. "Don't tell me you fought again?" 

"No." 

"No!"

The two replied in unison, very defensive if Mason may add.

"Geez, okay." Mason chuckled, fondly looking at the two young girls. 

"Rosie and I are gonna hang around, probably explore the beach or something." Jennie informed, anxiously eyeing the two.

"Okay. Oh, the beach is so long, if you walk further from here... You will find convenient stores and even a few hotels. There's also an open wet market at the end." Mason shared, pointing out the wide beach to his right side.

"And over there are big beautiful rock formations, almost secluded. But the view, especially at night is spectacular. I'm sure you already know." Mason added, giving Jennie a knowing look, pertaining to that little get away exploration she had with Jeremy last night.

Rosie never missed the look her father gave her friend, and she know exactly what he meant. In fact, she knew exactly what happened and that reason made her pissed again.

When is that thought ever leaving my mind? It keeps pissing me off, the younger girl thought.

"Okay, then we're gonna go now." Jennie awkwardly smiled before turning around along with Rosie, but before they can take another step, Edward stopped them again by saying, "Actually, there is still something..."

Jennie felt her body almost gave out when she heard her father, in fact she almost fall down if not for Rosie who subtly held her still. She looked up at the girl and she can tell that she was equally terrified as well.