XX.

-ROSEANNE-

I stare at her, for a second I thought of confessing my feelings. But there was a soft whisper in the back of my head that says not to, that scolds me for having the audacity to even think of a chance to be with her, of her liking me back, or maybe even loving me.

Jennie and I, along with other people who has this kind of set-ups with their friends, have this one unspoken rule.

And that is... you can never fall for each other.

But I like her already, I do, and loving her is just within a grasp away from happening. I can feel it in my bones.

'Cause liking her is easy, what makes it harder for me to fall in love with her then?

Nothing, and that's what scares me the most.

I have become a casualty of this set-up. I knew from the beginning that my heart is possibly going to be at stake here, but I didn't care. I used to be so confident that I would just develop a silly little crush on her, or maybe just an admiration... something that I always feel about her.

But right now, looking at her bright brown cat eyes, changes everything. How can two small orbs shine more brightly than all the galaxies in the universe combine? How can it hold so much wonder and mystery that boggles my mind completely? And how can it be so damn responsible for making me feel this way?

I swallowed the lump on my throat, and clenched my jaw tighter to help stop the formation of tears in my eyes. The sudden realization of me liking her overwhelms my whole being, but it's nothing compared to the realization that what I am feel is wrong.

I'm sorry...

But I can't help being lost in your eyes.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I whispered, flashing her a small smile that hopefully hides my entire feelings.

Two words. I'm fine. I can't believe that those two words will hurt like this, I never in my wildest dream ever thought that I would be saying those while feeling the complete opposite.

Why do I already feel defeat without even starting anything yet?

"Okay..." Jennie exhaled, grinning from ear to ear, then taking my lips again for yet another soft kiss.

"I like kissing you." She shamelessly admitted, laughing right after.

I wonder, does she even have a clue of what I feel? Or of what's going on in my mind?

"It's beautiful here, I would love to come again." She smiled, sitting beside me and leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Do you like it here, Rosie?" She asks, gently kicking the sand with her bare foot.

"Yes." I hear my small voice replying.

"You seem..." Jennie turned her head to look at me with those curious eyes.

"I don't know, uninterested, preoccupied. I feel like you're mind isn't with me right now."

"Maybe, I'm just hungry." She smiled at my words, and looked down on her wrist watch.

"I was about to say, again? But then it's already way past lunch time. Do you wanna go eat somewhere?" Jennie caresses my face, fixing the few unruly hair strands sticking on my face.

How did I just notice her soft stare whenever she's so close to me? How did I just notice her actions towards me that definitely does not seem like what you would do to your friend?

She utters my name softly and delicately, she looks at me with fondness and sometimes longing, she kisses my mouth more than what a fuck buddy would, and her kisses aren't always hot and needy, they were mostly soft, and gentle, and passionate.