36

"It's been a week Niall!"

"Harry, don't be so harsh towards yourself..."

"He is right, at least there aren't new murders." Liam is quick to speak after Niall but their words don't have any effect on Harry's worried nerves.

"But still! Why would he disappear like that? Ok I've fucked up but it's not a reason for him to ignore all of you."

Liam, Niall and Zayn are seated around the table of Liam's kitchen while Harry walks around nervously. In his hands he holds a paper, he wrote a recap of the week on it and when he looks at it he feels like they've lost so much time. He wants to cry because despite all the energy he gives it still seems like it isn't enough and he is so disappointed in himself.

After the negotiations with Mark on Sunday, Niall insisted for him to take a break. Louis' case isn't the only case they have to work on and God knows how late they were. So, Harry accepted to finish the other cases, this way when they will work again on Louis' they will have a new perspective and a fresh eye. Niall did forget about Louis for a few days, Harry tried.

On Thursday they were back in the game. Everyday was a helpless hope of having news from Louis, but he never came, called or even texted. Niall and Harry did all of what was in their capacity to understand what the fuck is happening without actually talking to him, useless. They quickly understood that their first goal was to find him.

When Harry talked about what he said to Louis at his door, Niall understood that he needed help. It's not that Harry didn't want to find Louis, it's just that he told him to come if he wanted but since he didn't the message wasn't complicated to get. Niall found himself working with an hesitant Harry and it didn't take long before he called Liam and Zayn for help.

So here they are, the four of them trying to understand where the friend they haven't seen for a week is. And honestly Harry is losing his shit. Each time one of their ideas is proved wrong he thinks about Louis being hurt, alone or even dead. Imagine leaving every second with the thought of the love of your life getting killed and watching every hope you have getting ruined. He is desperate and every new day without Louis is a new burden.

"Guys..." He sits next to Zayn as he feels his body give up the ghost. With Zayn on his left and Niall and Liam next to each other in front of him, he takes a moment before speaking the words everyone thought of. "What if he's dead?"

The three other men look at each other, the silence in the room is heavy and Harry feels his emotions get over him. But Liam speaks again to break the dead atmosphere. "He is not, Harry."

"How can you be so sure? He has nobody else than us! He is alone and a fucking murderer is running after him! For fuck's sake Liam! It's been a week and we have nothing!" He gets up again and his anger gets mixed with tears on his cheeks. "What should we do? This is going nowhere and it fucking hurts! How am I supposed to live or even think with the thought of him getting hurt or killed! He has struggled all his life with guilt and he started open up about it all! He trusts us... He trusts me and I can't even help him!"

"Harry! Mate! We can't even imagine what you are feeling right now but what we know is that we have to stay calm if we want to help him. So, I know it's not easy but try to stay focused."

"How do you want me to stay calm, Niall! We've been sitting at a table for a whole week when we should have been outside looking for him! I'm getting sick of it!"

"Fine!" Zayn gets up and claps his hands. "Let's go then! Where do you want to go?" Harry wasn't expecting Zayn's sudden motivation, he looks at Liam and Niall to see that they are both as surprised.