28

Harry Styles

A few hours after falling asleep my mind was wondering too much to let me have more rest. I tried, tried and tried to get more sleep but Louis' name was still haunting my thoughts and it wouldn't let me sleep. So, I did what I always do when I'm feeling bad, I went to the office.

This job has been the only one I ever had, I've been hired easily since my mom works there too. Don't get me wrong, I've worked hard to get there but growing up with specialists to teach you what you like at a really young age makes it easier.

So when I got my job here everyone was already a friend of mine and I've always felt safe and confident thanks to that. Smiling when you go to work is something important and I'm sure Louis would smile if he went on tour with Zayn.

Yeah, Louis again. I exhale loudly while I walk in the long hallway between the street and Niall and I's office. Louis may not want to see me, or even love me but that's not enough for me to let someone keep ruining is life. If I can't make his life better by being next to him then I'll do it from afar.

Plus, I get paid for it.

Niall Horan is a special man. He kind of works like me, he does what he likes and a job like his is perfect for him. We don't have specific working hours, we just have a list of cases to work on and if we don't we don't get the money, that's it. So, when you're a man like Niall who has an unusual rhythm of life it's good to be able to work when you feel like it. Anyway, he does the job and that's what matters. Not when, where or in which state of mind.

As I finally make my way to the office door and by the laugh I hear I understand Niall is inside too. It's a bit of a surprise, we've seen each other at work a lot lately and we are not used to it. We don't meet for a whole week sometimes, we just toss documents on each other's desk and meet at night at the bar.

Before grabbing the door handle I see Patricia at her desk, she looks at me with surprise when she hears me walk towards her. "Good morning Mr Styles, are you feeling good?"

"Good morning Patricia." I stand in front of her but turn around to catch my reflexion in the wall mirror. "Yeah, sorry for the appearance, I'm tired." I quickly fix my hair and laugh, maybe I shouldn't have come. "Can you order our usual lunch please?"

"Of course, Mr Horan is using the phone right now but I'll do it when he is done." She smiles at me and I do the same. With a quick thanks I walk to the door and hear Niall talking behind it.

When I open the door, I hear clearly what Niall is saying over the phone and walk to sit at my desk. "Well, actually he just arrived, do you want to talk to him directly." Oh god, not right now, please I'm just exhausted. He looks at me with a quick smile but doesn't move from where he is seated on the desk. "Sure! I'll tell him, thank you."

Niall puts the phone down and promptly moves his body to face me next to my desk. "Did you throw a party without me?"

"What?" I place my coat on its usual spot and sit at my desk. I feel how my patience is limited as I get angry when my too long legs hit the back of the desk, again, I know my desk isn't the biggest but apparently it keeps getting me angry like the first time.

"I can read the hangover on your face and I don't remember being invited to any party yesterday." He laughs at my reaction and turns around to sit at his desk. Is everyone going to remind me I look like shit or what? Anyway this day isn't good and it won't get better.

I really enjoy our office organization, our desks are facing each other to make it easy to discuss while we still have our own working space. Yup, that was my idea. "It wasn't a party Niall." He is my friend and a well known alcoholic, he knows how drinking alone isn't synonymous with happiness, so the worried look he gives me isn't even a surprise. "Anyway, what was the call about?"