•42•

42

42

~Ji yong~

The rain-soaked road, from what seems to be the last breath of winter that gives way to spring, reflects the golden light of sunset. I open the car window to let in the cold wind, which makes my hair slide back and Jen shrinks in the passenger seat.
---Oh, I'm sorry if you're cold I'll close it again--- I tell her when I see that she shrinks
---No oppa, I like this air, it's fresh--- she tells me with a smile ---When will we arrive?---
---There is still a little left--- I answer
---Do you think there is time to see the sunset?---
---mmm ... I don't know, I hope so--- I replied as I took her hand that rests on her thigh, she returned the gesture and intertwined her fingers with mine.

We go to the one that has become our sanctuary of peace, our favorite place, I could not think about our history without the image of that place coming to my mind, there Jen was mine for the first time, that day we had already decided to separate but we hang out no matter what. I still remember her trembling hands inside the car, her mouth and her nervous eyes waiting for me to do something, after that day it was impossible for me to get her out of my head.

---Oppa!--- Jen's call takes me out of my thoughts
---mmm---
---Nothing ... just that you looked somewhat lost, you didn't hear anything of the last thing I said---
---Oh yes it's true, I'm sorry, what were you saying?---
---Nothing ... I was talking about Dami's new collection but I see you had something else in mind ...---
---Are you jealous of my thoughts now?--- I laugh as she makes a face and turns her head to the other side, I take her hand ---Hey! Jen ... I was remembering that day after the concert ... when we came sneaking up--- She looks at me again this time with a smile on her lips with that dimple that only gets when she smiles with her mouth closed, she's so cute ... I stretch my arm and pinch her cheek ---Oppa !!--- Right, she hates that I do it, but I've never cared.

In a few minutes we arrive, Jen gets out of the car and approaches the sea while I get some things out of the trunk. I watch her from afar, she is standing in front of the shore looking at the horizon, I take my cell phone and take a picture of her. While she plays and walks I arrange some small chairs and a table to place the wine and glasses, I cover Jen's chair with a thick blanket because I know that she will be cold later.

The sky begins to turn orange while the sun disappears, she takes photos of me for a long time ---Enough of so many photos, you seem like an obsessed fanatic--- I say her. We sit down and I open the bottle, the wine warms us up after a few drinks.

---This is definitely my favorite place oppa. Do you know something?---
---What?---
---That day I wished so badly that life would bring us back here that now it has become a fixed point---
--- 'm sorry I can't take you anywhere other than this or my apartment ---
---Not!! That is not what I mean, on the contrary, what I say is that I really love being here with you again --- That said, I take her chin and draw her to me to kiss her, a soft kiss, without haste ...
--- Do you think the water is very cold? --- she asks. The sea looks strangely quite and reflects the moonlight.
---Why?---
--- We have to come in a warmer time to be able to get into the water, don't you think? ---

As she talks, I can only focus on the air that makes her hair move, on her eyes, her mouth, and her smile, I find myself lost in her --- Oppa! ! Answer --- I look into her eyes and kiss her again, bathe in the sea ...? Who cares about that now? I just want to have her right here ...

I take her breath away as I kiss her, Jen puts the wine glass on the floor and brings her hands to my neck caressing my hair and the wings of my tattoo, I get closer to her leaning over the chair, I place my hand on her thigh while the two of us immerse ourselves in an endless kiss ... but something takes me out of there, a familiar sound reaches my ears, it is a bit far away but I listen enough to know what it is, I have already heard it many times in the years that I have been an idol.

I stop my kiss and without leaving Jen I tell her close to her face ---Listen to me well, do what I'm going to tell you---
---Oppa what's wrong?--- she asks surprised by the interruption.
---Shh ... pay attention, get up and act normal, get in the car and do nothing, don't turn on the lights, just stay there, wait for me to enter---
---Oppa you're scaring me---
---Jennie--- I say holding her face ---Trust me and do what I say---

Jen gets up gently and enters the car while I remain seated in the chair, I take the box of cigarettes out of my coat and light one, I start smoking, waiting for the sound I heard to reveal the position of the paparazzi. I get up and take a few steps while I smoke… that's it… he made a mistake… his camera shots rang out again, I know where he is. I take my cigarette out of my mouth and throw it on the ground to put it out with my shoe. Immediately after that, and without warning, I start a race towards some bushes about twenty meters away. The person who was there is unable to flee fast enough due to surprise.

I run with all my might as the man clumsily tries to escape towards a car that had parked nearby. I get as close as I can and manage to grab the hat from his coat and pull towards me making him fall to the ground next to his huge camera. I throw myself towards the camera and grab it, he tries to take it from me but my suppressed rage finally turns into a kick to his stomach that sends him back to the ground.

---I'm sorry but I'm going to have to stay with this--- I tell him while I look at him
---Not!! You can't keep my camera by force ---he claims
---And who is going to stop me? A vulgar stalker… don't you feel ashamed? Find yourself a life and don't ruin other people's--- While saying that I take out the storage card from the camera and put it in my pocket
---Keep the photos but return my camera, it costs a lot of money---
---You should have thought better of it before spying on me---
---And you ... if you wanted to hide it so much, why are you showing off with that girl... she plays pure but she's a bitch ... ---

The camera makes a noise when it hits the ground, followed by that my shoes punch it until there is nothing useful left in it --- There you go, if you want your face to end like this, repeat that, the man looks at me with an expression between hate and fear
--- Aishhh… okay, I don't need those anyway, I have others… --- after saying that he gets up, he gets in his car and leaves.

How does he have others? I'm starting to worry ... no ... I'm sure he invented it, he can't have more ... there isn't ... Jen and I only see each other at the company and in my department, despite being sure that he has nothing else against us, I can't help but feel worried . I look at the remains of the camera, yes ... it's very expensive... this is not a simple paparazzi thing ... I wish I was wrong but I have a feeling that something is about to happen.

I walk to the car, pick up everything and put it in the trunk. I get into the driver's seat, Jen is in dark inside, she's scared.
--- Oppa what was that? I heard voices and noises !! --- she asks me scared
--- A paparazzi ... --- I answer her
--- WHAT? !! How?!! Did he see us? Did he take pictures of us? --- I notice the despair in her voice
--- Yes, he saw us and photographed us, but don't worry --- I tell her showing her the SD card --- Here is everything, he left with nothing ---
---Really?? What a relief !!! --- she hugs me --- I was very scared ... I thought that everything would fall---
--- We have to talk about that ... I don't think it will end here, we must be prepared Jen, our secret ... I don't think it will last much longer ---