Christmas Day Changes

Some music that I think would be perfect for this chapter: Salted Wound by Sia and One last night by VaultsVevo. I also like I Know You by Skylar Grey. I was listening to it while writing this chapter. It really added to the emotions that I am trying to convey throughout the chapter. If you have questions about anything comment or inbox me. Enjoy!

“ATHENA WAKE UP! IT’S CHRISTMAS!” Sam yelled jumping all over the bed. I turned around in my bed and covered my head. “It’s Christmas! It’s Christmas! It’s Christmas! Wake up sleepy head!” He yelled once more. He was so jovial it was really bugging me.

I slowly got up out of bed. It is so cold! I quickly brought the blanket back above my head and fell back on the bed like a whale.

Once I finally got up, Sam and I went downstairs. There were only two presents. One present from me to Sam and one from Sam to me. There should be more. My parents get paid a lot.  My mom is a doctor and my dad works at the bank. This is normally not a problem and I don’t expect presents. I am not some spoiled brat, but every Christmas Sam and I go to the living room. My mom has the tree set up and my dad is making hot chocolate. We take pictures and watch the parades on television, but there is no one downstairs. It is empty besides me and Sam standing there…frozen in place.

“Mom…Dad?” I called out. I walked to their bedroom, but it was empty as well. I turned on the T.V. Maybe the roads are blocked or something. The news was talking about some big crash. I checked my phone seeing that I had several missed calls from my mom, aunt, and dad.

“What is it?” Sam asked. I put the phone on speaker and we listened to my mom's messages.

“Hey Honey, I just got off of work. It’s a little late. I will see you when I get home.”

“Hey it’s me again. There’s some traffic backed up. Don’t wait up I will see you in the morning.”

“Hey baby, listen I can’t tell you this on Christmas morning. Your father left that night. He is not coming back. He won’t be here on Christmas morning. I am so sorry I am telling you this over the phone, but the traffic is backed up and the roads are slippery wet, so I am going to try and sleep at a hotel for tonight to be safe.”

“Hey again, I love you so much you do not even know. Right now a semi in coming towards me and if for some reason it hits me I want you to know I love you so much. I never meant to throw that bottle at you. I am so sorry. I am sorry that your father is gone. It’s my entire fault.”I then heard a big crash and screaming. “Ahh! I love you so much. I am not going to make it. I am losing a lot of blood. You know where my money is. It all goes to you. So does everything in the house that I own. I love you so much baby. Sam if you’re there I want you to protect her no matter what. You were put on this Earth to love her. You know everything about her. Don’t let this new boy take your place. I love you both so much. If this new boy that I saw means so much to you then I accept him. But don’t forget about Sam. It will be hard. You will get through it. I know. Oh my gosh. I am going to tell you a story. Ahhh! Louis came by the hospital to ask for my blessing. He is like Sam. He knows Louis and you will have a future. He knew something bad was going to happen to me. Please don’t blame him and please don’t forget me. I know I have been absent in your life, but I did everything for you. I worked all that time, that I should have been with you, so you could have a great future. I see now that….I should have spent time with you instead of working. Quality time is so much more than money and I hope you will never forget that. I love you so much. Don’t cry baby. Right now... I wish I could kiss your head and wipe away your tears. I love you. Goodbye” Her words stopped.

Then I heard an explosion. I dropped my phone.

 I fell to my knees. Life seemed to pass in slow motion. My dad is gone. My mom is dead.

 Everything is blurred from my tears. I heard Sam yelling something, but I could not hear anything he said. I started to choke, as I felt my lungs closing up. Then I remembered...Louis.

I stood up and screamed. I pushed Sam off of me and ran outside. I screamed again from a terrible pain. There is snow. It is so beautiful and so ugly. How could this world be so sweet and beautiful and do this?

 I ran barefoot across the drive way to Louis’s house. Screw him! I hate him! He knew. I could have spent so much time with my mother before she had to die. I fell to the ground, screaming once more.

I saw a shadow of a figure. Louis. “Athena hold on we will get you to a hospital. Hold on. I love you.” He said picking me up. I yelled as loud as I could which came out as a whisper. “I hate you. I hate you so much. Don’t ever talk to me again” He looked sad. Good. I can taste the salt tears dripping across my face and into my opened mouth.

“You don’t mean that. You don’t mean that! You just don’t know yet. You will see. I love you. I know you. Just hold on you're losing a lot of blood.” Losing a lot of blood?

I felt a warm burning sensation in my ankle and felt warm liquid like water?  I looked to my wrist, which was slit open with blood pouring out. What happened? My vision started to blur more and more until all I could see was black. “Don’t leave me Athena. I love you! Not like a sister!” I heard someone say before my hearing stopped as well as all of my thoughts.

--------------------------Later

A bright light was shining through my eyelids. Is this Heaven?

“Athena?” Someone asked. I tried to open my eyes, but they seemed to be glued shut. I finally opened them to see…..

So I cried just typing this. Did you cry reading? Also do you think she is dead? Let me know in comments what you think. I hope you liked it. Also i know what i said in the last chapter that i would like five votes and i would, but some of you *wink wink* are impatient. You know who you are lol. Anyways thanks fro reading my Sexy Skittles. Vote? Comment?