Loss and Love

It is a little bit longer than usual.... Let me know if you like longer?

“Louis?” I asked. A bright light shined through my vision. Soon my eyes adjusted to the bedside lamp. I looked to my left. Louis is smiling so hard, I can see the wrinkles by his eyes. Tears start to pour out of his eyes. I frown. “What’s wrong, Lou?” He blushed. “I thought I lost you.” He said hugging me tightly.

“Louis you are hurting me.” He sat back down in his seat. “Why would you lose me? Where are we?” I asked. I scanned the room, seeing Sam sleeping with bags under his eyes and tissues sprawled across the floor. Confusion shot through me. What happened?

“You don’t remember?” I shook my head. I look to my arm. It is bandaged up. “What happened to my arm?” I asked trying to sit up but I realize my foot is in this big sling thing. My foot is in a cast of some sort. “What happened to me?”

“You got more beautiful.” He said making me blush. I gave him a face asking him to be serious. “Well you had run out of your front door quickly and your arm hit the lock of it quite hard and cut it open. Once you got outside running to my house you broke your ankle. You had no shoes on and stepped into a hole. When you stepped it was not on your foot it was on the side. You were running at such a quick pace when you stepped using the side of your foot or ankle, you broke it or snapped it. You fell, screaming, but I saw you running so I came to get you. Here we are at the hospital.

I was going to ask why I was running out of my door to his house so quickly, but I decided that I should wait to ask. “What is wrong with Sam?” I asked. His smile faltered. “He has been worried. We all have, even the boys Harry, Niall, Zayn, Sam, and I. How are you?” He asked. He grabbed my hand and held onto it.

“I feel fine. Nothing hurts currently.” I said. “Well you are still on some meds. I am surprised you aren’t laughing for any reason.” He chuckled. I laughed as well, his smile is so contagious. “Louis do you like me?” I asked for a random reason. I always wondered and why not ask?

“Uh…Why?” he asked blushing. “I just want to know. I kind of like you. You are cute, funny, but sometimes you scare me. You know?” I told him. “I do like you. Sadly, I am not the boy in this room that you deserve. You should not like me. I am dangerous and scary as you said, I can’t control it.”He said looking down, letting go of my hand. I cocked my head to the right as if I were a puppy.

“Why not, I know you can? I can be the good girl and you can be my bad, bad, bad, boy.” I said grabbing his hand. “No I can’t you just don’t understand. Why the extra bad?” he asked. “You deserve it?” we both laughed.

Memories started to come back. I remember Louis saying I don’t mean something and that he loved me. “Is it true you love me?” I asked as he scratched the back of his neck. “I…” He was cut off by Sam awakening.

“Athena! You are alive!” He yelled happily. “Why wouldn’t I be?” I asked.

“I don’t know, maybe because your mom d” Sam was cut off by Louis kicking him in the shin. “Ouch! What was that for?” Sam questioned.

“That was for being a bloody dumb bass. Would you like to let Abby come in?” He asked. Precisely two seconds later Abby knocked on the door. How did he know she was going to knock on the door? Sam opened it while I stared at Louis in confusion.

“Oh my God Becky look at her butt! I got here as soon as I could! Athena you’re alright.” Abby let out as if she had been holding her breath for a while. Louis laughed at her OMG moment that was different from the usual.

“What are you laughing at pretty boy?” she asked Louis rudely. “I will tell you when I find out.” Abby was about to say something smart back, when I stopped them. “Guys, could you please stop. You are giving me a headache. Nice to know you got home safely the other night.” I said to Abby.