What A Wonderful and Horrible Day

What is that awful noise? I looked at my alarm clock across the room. It is four….. In the MORNING! I am late for school. I have never been late, I mean absent in my entire life! Have you ever had that moment when you feel like you need to hurry and get ready for the thing you are late for, yet you cannot because that thing you are late for is over? That is what is happening right now.

I am still hearing that awful noise that woke me up, which apparently was not my alarm clock. I went over to it. It turns out the reason I did not wake up was because last night I did not set it. YEAH! All sarcasm intended. I looked out the window to see what was going on. Across the street I saw a garage open, even though, it was now snowing outside. I could not really see, but there was definitely no car inside. Someone must have left it open on accident. The noise seemed to come from there, but it could be coming from another house.

I figured I should go check it out or ring the doorbell and tell whoever owns the house that their garage is open. I was still in my pajamas. I should probably change in case someone from school lives down this street. I know Louis does, but I don’t know where.

I put on some sweat pants and a shirt along with a jacket. I did not put a bra on because my bulky jacket was covering it all. It’s not like I was going in anywhere, so why not? YOLO.

I opened my door slowly, looking for glass bottles that could be flying out at any moment. I did not see anyone or anything so I walked out. I went downstairs quietly, not trying to make noise. There was no sign of my mom or dad. That makes sense, since normally my parents do not get home until about eleven at night. Except for yesterday for some reason they were both home early. I went to the mudroom for my shoes. I found some sneakers. I looked for car keys that would hang on the key rack if anyone was home, but there were no keys. Why didn’t somebody wake me?

I opened my front door and felt a whoosh of cools air and wind hit me. I gasped for air. I have never felt air this cold before. Well there is the difference between Florida and the UK. I shut the door behind me and headed across the street.

These sneakers were a bad choice. My feet are close to wet. I was going to enter the garage, but wouldn’t that be like B and E? I don’t know.

I went to the front door careful not to let whoever was in the garage hear me. Why? Because I feel it would be awkward. I was about to ring the doorbell when the ruckus started again. I listened closely. It was….music. It was rock, unfortunately, but it was actually pretty okay. My finger pressed the bell. Why did I just ring the bell? I feel so stupid.

A woman with dark black hair answered the door. She was quite beautiful and creepy at the same time. Still, I was intrigued by the sight. I would love to just take a picture and hang it up in an album titled “Truly Intriguing people” I am so weird sometimes.

“Um… hi. My name is Athena. I was just” this lady cut me off. “Oh yes, my son has told me about you. The goody two shoes I see. What can I help you with?” she asked.

“Who is your son?” I asked curiously. She smiled. “Louis Tomlinson. He for sure likes” she was then cut off by Louis coming up next to her. I guess I know where he gets it from.

“Hey Athena. Could not resist seeing me today I presume?” he said the words rolling off his British tongue. “Actually no, I missed school and awoke unpleasantly to your music, which is somehow quite pleasurable.” I said truthfully. His mom almost floated away, trying to leave us alone.

“Well I am truly pleased to know that I have created pleasure for you. I am sure I could do that somewhere else though.” I laughed a little though I should not have. He wiggled his eyebrows flirtatiously.

“Whatever, so may I come in and listen to your music?”

“Why yes you may.” He held the door open for me. As we walked he carried out a conversation. “You know Athena, you are quite eccentric the way you use your vocabulary gives me such fission. I wonder what it would feel like to osculate you. You have such pulchritudinous. You know?”

“You truly do make me laugh with that one. I am in complete repudiate in that statement. Enough with the big words though you are making me tired. I already missed school and slept in almost the entire day.” He laughed. I questioned why he was laughing.

“You do know school is closed today right? Due to snow. ” I slapped myself in the head. He opened what I presume to be his garage door that connected from his living room.

Oh no WHY?! Why does his band have to be those freaks? They all looked me up and down. “Hey Harry her eyes are up there.” Louis said kind of rudely. “Oh I am not looking for her eyes.” He said with a smirk on his face. I wrapped my upper body tighter with my jacket, feeling immediately more uncomfortable.

I listened to their first couple of songs before it started to get hot. I took off my gray jacket and sat down. It started to get a little cold but I just ignored it. They finished one of their upbeat songs and decided to sit down along with me. Louis’s mom brought down some sandwiches. Soon the blonde one and Harry were laughing a little and looking at me. Particularly my chest, so I looked down and saw that I did not put on my bra on and it was cold. You do the math. I looked for my jacket, but it was not where I put it.  Instead, it was on Louis. “Louis I need my jacket.” I said covering myself.” Why?” he tried not to laugh.” Seriously I need it please.” I said getting extremely embarrassed. “Are you cold, my dear?” I nodded while the boys just laughed.” Here I will warm you up. Let me hug you.” He smiled cheekily. “No I think I can warm her up Lou.” Harry said. I was then was hit with my now warm jacket, since it was on Louis’s hot body… from his warmth of course. “That’s okay Harry. I don’t need the jacket anymore.” Louis said causing the boys to laugh even harder but Harry who was frowning.

“So it seems as though you have moved here just in time for my birthday, Athena.” Louis said.” Oh did I?” I am still trying to forget about what just happened. “December twenty fourth baby.” I laughed. It is still a week until Christmas break.

“I guess I will have to get you a present.” Louis winked at me and then looked at his boys. “By present I mean a gift.” They laughed.” Like a blanket.” They laughed even more. “I am not good at these things.” I said trying to tell them that I was not going to do anything with Louis for his birthday. “Oh no you are great at these things. Just kiddin’ I know what you meant, love”

Soon it was getting late and I figured I should go home before my mom and dad get home, so I headed home. Louis walked me there and tried to kiss me but I turned my face allowing his lips to collide with my red cheeks. “Goodnight, Louis.” I said opening my front door.” Goodnight Athena. You are extraordinary, don’t forget that.” With that he left. I headed to bed early and thought to myself, “What a wonderful and horrible day.” And I drifted off to sleep.

---------------------------

Hope you lighting bolts liked it. Happy reading!