Chapter 2: See You Soon.

Well today pretty much sucked. I got a warning and sent back to class. I have got to stay away from this freak or I’m going to get in more trouble that I don’t need. It is now second period and I am so hungry. This is my English class and it is incredibly boring. I have such antipathy for this teacher’s way of “teaching”. She talks forever about stuff we already know and then gives us about five minutes to have time to get started on homework, when we could have been finished with it by now. I want to throw a book at her. The teacher’s name is Mrs. Wellington. I like her interests, but if I was her daughter I would probably die of banging my head on the wall.

 “And your assignment for tonight is to read to chapter sixteen. I know it is a long task, but I have faith in you.” She said like the witch she is.

I already finished. I’m not stupid enough to tell her though. “Mrs. Wellington? What if we already finished the entire book?” I have also finished the entire book, but this is where some goody two shoes want attention and me where I’d rather be left alone.

“If you have finished the book entirely, then you can do your essay for homework. Instead of later, like the rest of you will be doing.” She addressed the class. The class groaned in reply.

See, that’s why I don’t say anything. Now I don’t have homework in her class and I have extra time to finish the rest of my homework. It is five minutes till’ the end of class, and she starts talking again. Goodness! I hate when you think they’re done, and then they start up the ole talking machine once more.

I have now mastered how to sleep with my eyes open. I will not fall asleep and let them notice. That is what a normal person would do. Not a skilled ninja like me. I wish I was a ninja. That would be awesome.

  I looked over to Sam to see him taking his finger and pretending to slit his throat. I laughed silently. The Freshman Focus bell rang and I was off to the library…. To sleep. No doubt that if I stayed in her class she would want me to do an essay.

When I entered the room everyone turned their heads to me. What the fridge? I saw one table that wasn’t actually looking at me, so I made my way towards them. Despite my dismay, a strong arm grabbed my wimpy one and pulled me to a corner where the library teacher could not see me. Oh cheese and crackers wey?

“Let me go Louis.” I said.

“Don’t you understand if you hang out with them, you will be sucked in with the losers? I wouldn’t let that happen to you.” He smiled and pointed me to who I presume is his friends. Cough cough I mean delinquents.

 One that particularly stood out was the one who tried to attack me in the bathroom. That guy scared me, and somehow Louis could tell because he stood in front of me. I guess to protect me. “Guys this is my gal friend, A.”  Whoa?  Girlfriend? Yeah, I don’t think so, as much as his British voice was so deeply filled with hotness.

“UH no. Last time I checked I didn’t date guys who wear tighter pants than me, or anyone.” The group said, “Oh burn!”

I smiled satisfied that I had made my point. “I cannot help that your bum is so big that it won’t fit into my pants. I can make them fit into my pants if you want them to though.” Now all of his friends were looking at me like a piece of meat.

“I would rather be a loser than hang out with you dirt bags.” I said quickly turning around before something else went wrong. Louis grabbed me by my hips. I would have gladly slapped him in the face, but since nobody has ever grabbed me there. I guess I was a little off guard. He whispered into my ear, “I will let you go. This time….but I will see you soon.” He released me, and I wanted to run but I played it cool by walking at a normal pace. Wouldn’t want them to think I was a chicken. They would think they could take advantage of me. Heck they are all super strong I probably have no say, except for to stay away from them. I need to find Sam.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: LATER

I spent the rest of the day looking for Louis, and trying to dodge him completely, but he was nowhere to be found and I am not complaining. In fifth period, Mr. Laps called out his name, but he was not here. Something is weird and it only scared me more.  Sixth period is cancelled due to a snow blizzard that might occur. SWEET! Even though, I was really excited for drama class. I looked for Sam. I still can’t find him, and I need him to come home with me because I am scared. Once I get home I will be there alone, and I don’t want that to happen since I figure Louis wasn’t joking about that whole” I’ll see you soon” probably not.

Sam is nowhere in sight and I am freaking out. I have to get on my bus now. Otherwise I will miss the bus. I ride bus 300. There is not even that many buses in this county or whatever they call it. In the United States we had counties.

It is freezing outside. I was born and raised in Florida so this weather is crazy for me. Believe me I did not want to leave. Everything is different here and I didn’t want to leave my alma mater. I looked for my bus and walked to it. A coat wrapped around me. It was Louis. Before I could run he tightened his grip,” I am not going to hurt you.  Just pretend like we are dating or you will have boys to deal with. Your choice.”

“I have had to deal with boys all my life I don’t need help now. “ I said moving away from him and stepping onto the bus.

Hope you like it! Happy reading.  What do you think will happen to her on the bus?