.ch 3 esa.

What a fucking weirdo.

I've nannied for many families and never had an experience like this. I don't need a psych degree to see that this man gets off on control. He wants to control his kids, his schedule, and now me. "Good luck." I actually say the words under my breath, and then I'm whipping my head around to make sure this psycho doesn't have cameras in here.

But I know he does. The profile was very explicit about the rules of his home, what he expects, and how he will be monitoring me. The pay is actually good, otherwise I might be regretting my decision.

Tonight, we're supposed to discuss my living arrangements when he gets back. This is a live-in position. I'm supposed to be moving into the guest house if all goes well. Step one was a trial with the kids today. The agency said it was to make sure that I feel comfortable, but I have a feeling this is more to let him feel me out. Feel me out... feel me up. The words create heat between my thighs and my nipples burn with the same fire. God, he's so fucking hot. Except I can tell he's an asshole and I will not put up with a man who treats me that way.

Most girls have daddy issues. Or mommy issues. Or some kind of family issues. Call me naive, but I don't think I have those. I grew up with loving parents. That's what has made me wait for a man this long. I refuse to settle for someone who doesn't look at me with the same respect and adoration that my dad holds for my mom.

Luna's hand yanking on my hair pulls a shriek from me. "You scared me," I laugh down at her, because my outburst has tears welling in her eyes. "It's okay, sweet girl," I coo and run my fingers over her wispy dark hair. Her chocolate eyes look up at me, and she says, "mama."

My heart leaps and bursts. I've known this girl for maybe an hour, what would even make her think to call me that? Still, hearing her tiny voice say the words I desperately want to be melts me to my core. I don't correct her. I just enjoy the moment and kiss her on the head.

Nolan's restlessness tells me that reading time is over. Now it's time for play.