"Detectives.. it-" Logan started off but stopped mid way looking over at me, both wanting my approval to reply and trying to keep his cool.

"They tried to rape her and some of her friends one night" Logan replied through clenched teeth. He went on further to tell them about that terrible night. They looked shocked at first but soon replaced it with a sympathetic expression.

"I'm terribly sorry Yolanda. Whoever this guy is, he's smart. Almost seems obsessed in relevance to the brutality of the West's murder. My assumption, it's probably someone you know, because this guy sure knows a lot about you" Quinn said as offered the box of tissue to me which I gladly took.

"That's a rare possibility. Most stalking cases are usually ex- husband's or ex- boyfriend's. You don't hap-"

"No. I've never dated anyone else apart from Logan" the feeling of a stranger being potentially obsessed with me is unbelievable yet frightening.

"Do you have any idea who it might be? Anyone suspicious?" James asked. I paused to think. Who could it be??

"No. Not that I know of" I replied while scratching my thigh.

"Ok then" Quinn stood up and grabbed his coat off his chair.

"Why don't we over to check out your house?."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Never in my life had I ever imagined that I'd fear to enter my own home.

The coolness of the night swept over my skin, causing goosebumps to spread throughout my body.

Standing there and gazing at my house made me realize how the unexpected can occur.

Detective Quinn had already entered the premesis along with Dectectve James, two other police officers, two forensic investigators and Logan.

I just couldn't enter my house. As if upon entering I'd be taken.... again.

I shivered at the thought. Logan went in to grab some of my clothes and essentials for my stay.

About forty minutes later, Logan appeared with Detective James. Logan handed me my duffel bag and I mouthed a 'thank you' and pecked him on the cheek, a way of showing of appreciation.

I turned to face Detective James, who was waiting patiently.
"So? Anything?" I asked, hoping there was something that could find our 'Unknown'.

"There was no sign of forced entry. Windows are all secure. Looks to me that this guy has a copy of your keys or is an ability to move through doors" James stated before continuing.
"Seems obvious that this guy has kept a close eye on you and most probably entered your house a couple times before", the feeling of someone else being in my house made me feel uncomfortable.

"Despite that we did find signs of struggle and.... footprints" James said, a gleamer of hope sparked in me.

"Footprints?" Logan asked, almost in unbelief.

"Yes footprints. The forensic team are taking photographs as we speak. They'll be transferring and tracing those footprints onto acetate sheets too an-"

"I'm sorry but is it vital enough to catch this bastard?" I asked, cutting him off in the process. I don't know why I'm so edgy, probably cause you're exhausted.

"Actually it's quite as vital as fingerprints and DNA samples. You see, shoes differ in prints based on its sole design and the wear it has received... in short it helps identify potential suspects... problem is there aren't any suspects.. yet" James elaborated, unaware that Detective Quinn was waiting patiently for him to finish.