Chapter 31 - "The Shootout"

Começar do início

Me: "What is this place?"
Sine: "A base." What a vague answer.
Me: "I know it's a base. But a base for what? What are all these people doing here?" He looked away and cleared his throat.
Sine: "Don't ask questions I won't be able to give answers to Super. Just keep your head down. The less you know, the better. Trust me." Oh my God! I was so freaking tired of being told that. I mean, I just had bullets fired at me, so I deserved to know what the hell was going on. It didn't matter if knowing what they were involved in would put me in danger because my life was already in danger. I don't think I'll be writing my final exam because of all this crap so I would say enough was enough. I was a mess and my body was still going through the after-shakes of adrenaline, fear, horror and terror I felt through the whole experience of being shot with guns that had real bullets coming out of it. So I could safely say I was traumatized right now. This is my second time experiencing trauma caused by whatever the giant was involved in. I was done with being in the dark. No more.
Me: "Don't tell me that shit! I want to know everything that is going on. What are you guys involved in? What is this fucken place?" I asked hysterically... "I deserve to know. I almost died out there! Fucken bullets were being fired at me...at us! Look at me!" I yelled... "I'm a mess! How am I going to write my exam like this?!" I was even on my feet now. I was angry, frustrated, annoyed, scared and terrified. I was feeling everything. I just couldn't take it anymore. It was too much. This was the last straw for me. The giant had to tell me everything.
Sine: "Okay okay. I understand what you're going through Super. Trust me, I do, okay?" He said trying to calm me down. I was never going to calm down. Being with the giant was ruining my life...my future. Fuck him!... "just sit down and try staying calm okay Super? You can have this conversation with Zano when this is all over." I huffed.
Me: "I swear, if he doesn't tell me what's going on, I will leave him for real this time." I told him angrily.
Sine: "You go girl!" He cheered me on. He was teasing me. I glared at him.
Me: "This is not the time." I told him in a hard voice. He chuckled.
Sine: "You know you look half as scary as him right? If I didn't have a thick skin, I would've been scared out of my pants. He's rubbing off on you." I blew a breath and rolled my eyes.
Me: "Don't insult me. I couldn't be half as scary as him even if I wanted to."
Sine: "I'm not insulting you. I was telling you the truth. Another person would've been peeing on their pants around about now, if that look and that voice were directed at them a minute ago." He told me proudly... "I want my woman to be just like you." He winked and flashed his dimples. I rolled my eyes blushing. He was trying to distract me and it was working.
Me: "Am I speaking to Sine or Sthe right now?" I asked him suspiciously. I had to be sure. Today especially was hard telling them apart because they were wearing the same clothes. Same colors and everything. It was weird. You would think they would be too old for such. But more than anything, I think they did this sort of thing to confuse people. They liked playing with people's heads these ones. He barked out a laugh.
Him: "Who did you think I am?"
Me: "Sine. But I'm not too sure now because Sine is the jokester and Sthe is the charmer, and who is also sweet." I told him. He barked out another laugh.
Him: "Interesting." He said stretching his chin.
Me: "What's interesting?"
Him: "How you differentiate us." He was looking at me weirdly. What was up with that?... "I think I have a crush on you now." What?
Me: "What?" I said choking on my saliva. He smiled and winked at me.
Him: "Shhh...it will be our little secret." I didn't know what to say. I wasn't uncomfortable but I was awkward. I'm sure my cheeks were red right now. I cleared my throat.
Me: "You can't...me and your friend-."
Him: "It's an innocent crush so no crime." I don't think there was anything innocent about him. But I knew he wouldn't do anything to betray the giant. I trusted him, which was a little surprising.
Me: "So which twin are you?" I asked going back to the original subject. He smiled slyly.
Him: "If I tell you, where is the fun in that for me?" Argh! He sucks... "and it would be fun for me to watch when you try to figure out which twin has a crush on you." He's mean!
Me: "You're mean."
Him: "You know it." He winked.
Me: "Where's the other twin?"
Him: "He stayed outside to help...you know...with the..." He trailed off. I sighed and sat back down on the chair. The noise of the gunshots outside had completely stopped now. I wonder what was keeping them now. I just hope that giant was okay or I was going to go crazy. He must get his ass in here. He had a lot to tell me about. The door of the base opened and a lot of men I didn't know walked in. They were still holding their guns. I swallowed thickly. They looked scary as hell. I stood up from my chair when I saw the giant and his friends walking in. The giant was walking ahead with two guys in suits which I didn't know and X-man. The giant's eyes found me and I was held in captive as always. I don't know, but every time I saw him, my body just felt at ease and content...like I was whole. Weird shit I tell you. Even though I was still going through the motions but seeing him right now made me feel like everything was going to be fine in the world. He walked towards me with the other two guys. They were busy talking to him saying whatever but I knew he wasn't listening to them anymore. His attention was on me. He pulled me to him immediately as he got to me and held me tightly in his arms. And that is when I broke down completely. I sobbed and sobbed. Everything that had happened had came back in full force.
Zano: "I'm so sorry baby." He whispered against my ear which made me sob even more harder. Yes, my feelings for him were strong and all but I sometimes wished that I had never met him. My life would be so normal. I wouldn't have known this type of life if I hadn't met him. After a while my ugly sobs died down. The giant growled deeply... "give us a fucking moment Steven."
Steven: "I would but this is a serious matter that we need to discuss." I tried moving out of the giant's arms but he wasn't having it.
Zano: "What the hell is it Steven?"
Steven: "Well for first, your lady friend here knows about our base location and that is an a violation of the code-."
Zano: "I'm telling you now Steven and I won't repeat myself so you and your friends have better listen to me carefully." He paused for effect... " if you even think about touching my woman, I will burn this whole place with you in it to the fucken ground." He threatened. He was using that voice of his that scared the hell out of me. Yeesh!... "do you copy me?"
Steven: "But she's a risk to this whole operation Za-."
Zano: "She's not! She won't say anything. I can vouch for her and my team can also vouch for her. Isn't that so?" I heard a lot of agreements coming from the other guys... "you see? No risk." His body was so tense. He was ready for battle.
Steven: "Even so Zanoxolo, rules clearly state that-."
Zano: "Steven I will fucken walk away from this operation and so will my team. And you know what would happen if we walked away? You would become our enemy, and you know what we do to our enemies." There was a long silence. Then the Steven guy sighed.
Steven: "Okay fine Zanoxolo. Even though I don't appreciate the threat, your lady friend can go on living but she will have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. That is non-negotiable." The giant grunted.
Zano: "Fine. Now leave us." He barked. They must have did what he instructed because the giant's body relaxed a little... "you fine baby?" He asked softly. I shook my head.
Me: "I nearly died...again."
Zano: "You wouldn't have. You had the two best men protecting you." Meaning the twins... "it wasn't a mistake assigning them to take you to school."
Me: "But still Zano, anything could've happened. The twins can't control bullets." His body was tense again... "I missed my exam. I can't afford to fail at school Zanoxolo. I have a bursary and if-."
Zano: "My friend who's a doctor will give you a note, so you'll be able to write you exam. Don't worry." I sighed.
Me: "I'm tired." I told him honestly.
Zano: "I know baby." He said regrettably.
Me: "You need to tell me everything."
Zano: "I will. I promise." He kissed my forehead.
Me: "I even peed on myself." I blurted out embarrassingly. He went silent for a minute, then he was laughing loudly... "hey! You're not allowed to laugh. Do you know bullets? Those things don't play. It takes one to kill you. I watch a lot of movies you know so I know what I'm talking about." The bastard was still laughing. His whole body was shaking. Argh! He's such a jerk!.......................