→THIRTY (real life)

The late summer breeze was getting colder as the band sat outside their tour bus. Anna and Eileen had joined the rest of the crew in Asia early in the morning, and Eileen could feel her eyes getting tired, as the sky grew darker. The heat of their argument had been left behind in Australia, and the air was light between Andrew and Eileen. As a matter of fact, it had almost seemed like they had been relieved to see each other again.

Laughter filled the air, created by another lame joke made by James. The band was sitting on a picnic blanket, playing a card game, which Andrew did not understand, so he had given up. Instead he moved a bit closer to Eileen, who was explaining the game to him, to look at her cards. This subtle movement sent shivers down her spine, and when Andrew asked if she was cold, she just said 'yes' for everything else seemed stupid. But for some reason she stopped feeling stupid when Andrew slipped off his jacked, and put it around her shoulders. It was way too big for her, but it felt safe. Anna, who saw everything, sent Eileen a questioning look, which Eileen pretended not to see, and instead she shrugged off the entire thing as nothing.

"Eileen, your turn!" James impationally said, as always oblivious to what was happening around him. "Yeah, sorry" she mumbled, continuing explaining her move to Andrew in a low voice, so the rest couldn't hear too much. Unintentionally he moved a little closer, which none of them realised, before Andrews hand suddenly was placed on the other side of her hip, and when she looked up at him, their faces weren't even inches apart. They had become so used to casually touching, that this seemed so natural to them. But there was no need for pretending anymore, they were with the only two people that knew it was all fake. So, why was Eileen secretly praying that he wouldn't pull away? He didn't, he just chuckled it off, and nodded as Eileen played her move, feeling both Anna and James' gazes on them. Moving on, she quickly asked about where they were playing tomorrow, and the tension eased when James excitedly started to talk about tomorrow's gig. Eileen laughed along to all his jokes, and kept playing her cards, until Anna eventually won. But what she didn't realise, was that Andrew's gaze never really left her again that night.