→SIXTEEN (article)

HOZIER REVEALS SECRET GIRLFRIEND

We sat down with the talented singer/songwriter for a quick interview before his concert in Miami last night

How's tour-life treating you?

"Very well, thank you. I'm quite enjoying being on the road again after a short break. I love performing every night, it's thrilling."

Do you have any pre-show rituals?

"Well, we have our circle. You know, the classic we hype each other up circle. And it's great. 'Cause, I'm lucky to be on tour with so many amazing people, so we're like a little family, yeah."

So, I have to ask, when will we get a second album?

"Soon, I hope! When this tour ends, I will go back to songwriting. I am essentially a songwriter, that's what I do, and I can't wait to hopefully write a new album soon. I have a lot of ideas, and I haven't really had the time to write, being on the road all the time, so it's gonna be exciting going back to that."

Hozier revealed his so far secret girlfriend, Eileen Holmes (pictured above), on his instagram a few days ago, celebrating their one year anniversary

You recently announced that you are in a relationship, congratulations by the way.

"Thank you!"

I think it was something that took a lot of people by surprise. Is there anything you can say about it?

"Ehm, yes, there actually is, thank you for asking. There has been a lot of talk about it on the apps, as the kids say, and I just wanted to make a few things clear. Eileen is an extraordinary person, and I am so lucky to have the privilege to love her. We have both been very hurt by what people and the media have publicly said about us, and her in particular. And as someone who has known Eileen for a long time, I just wanna tell you all that you are very very wrong, but in the end all that matters is what we feel about each other."

That was beautiful, thank you. And good luck with everything! 

"Thank you, it has been my pleasure!"

Hozier rounded up the evening with an outstanding concert. There are still a few tickets left for sale, for his upcoming shows in New Orleans, New York and Los Angeles. Trust me, this is not something you want to miss. Now, go get tickets before these shows get sold out too!