Chapter 87- The joke shop

I rolled over in bed, and was surprised that I saw no trace of ginger hair. Nor was there a heavy lump sprawled over my chest. I yawned loudly, and sat up in bed, checking my alarm, I realised it to be only 5:30, and yet there was no sign of Fred anywhere. I stepped out of bed, and didn't bother to get dressed before checking the bathroom and heading downstairs. I could hear Molly talking to someone in the kitchen, which isn't normal, as usually the only person awake other than me at this time, was Hermione. And Hermione wasn't even here.

"IT IS HALF PAST FIVE IN THE MORNING! YOU CAN WAIT A FEW MORE HOURS. YOU THREE ARE ALL AS BAD AS EACHOTHER. I KNOW YOU'RE EXCITED BUT LEAVE HER BE. SHE HAS JUST BEEN UNCONSCIOUS FOR FOUR DAYS AND IS RECOVERING FROM A SNAKE BITE. LET THE POOR GIRL SLEEP!"
I pushed open the kitchen door, wiping the sleep from the corner of my eye. I should've known that he would be here. At the kitchen table were the sulky faces of three men, acting like children, whilst Molly smiled brightly, as she continued to cook dinner.
Dad, Fred and George sat at the table, their pouts turning into smiles as they saw me enter the kitchen, and I could see that they were incredibly excited. I had forgotten that today was the day that we'd be visiting their new shop, and instantly too, felt the excitement. Little did the boys know that they'd be in for another treat when they get there.

Fred stood up practically straight away, and headed over to where I was standing. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and settled his head on my shoulder. "Morning, love."
I hugged him back, and made eye contact with dad and George, who pretended to fake gag, making me laugh.
"Morning Freddie." He pulled his head from my neck, and placed a kiss on my lips.
My dad never missed a beat when he yelled, "Enough of that, I think."
"Oh Sirius, let them be. They're in love." Molly smiled, "Besides, you aren't going to bother when they've got our grandchild on the way."
I felt my cheeks heat up, and my eyes go wide, I felt Fred stiffen at the side of me, most likely from the embarrassment.
I laughed it off, as my dad replied, "And I will love that grandchild, but I do not need to see that, in front of me." He pointed to where Fred had his arm around my side.
I rolled my eyes, "There will be no grandchildren as of yet, thank you very much. And leave it be dad, he's not doing anything."
My dad went to protest, but I held my hand up to silence him, "Anyway, I take it that you're all eager to go, so get ready. Me and Freddie are going to do the same."
I pulled Fred from the room, thankful to get away from the nightmarish morning.

Fred collapsed onto my bed as I headed over to my wardrobe, pulling out items of clothing for the both of us. I didn't bother going to the bathroom, and threw Fred his own clothes. We continued to get dressed in silence before Fred spoke up his voice almost sounding shy, "Do you still want kids?"
I looked around at him, a little confused, "What?"
"Have you thought about having kids in the future?" His voice was quiet, telling me that he was slightly embarrassed about asking the question, which is completely out of character for Fred.
"I don't know where this is coming from. But yeah, you know I do." I answered honestly.
Fred nodded his head, and I interrupted before he could say anything, "Have you changed your mind or something?"
He shook his head instantly, rushing over to me, and leading me over to sit next to him on the bed, "Of course I haven't. I've always wanted to be a dad. It's just what you said downstairs made me wonder if you still wanted them." He paused for a second, "Can you see me and you having our own kids?"
I smiled a little, pecking his lips, "Of course I can."
"When would you want to have them?" He asked, his voice quiet again.
I sighed, "Freddie, I can tell that you want to have children, and I think we will make amazing parents. I honestly can't wait. But there's no rush. We haven't even finished school yet."
He nodded, "Will you think about it when we finish school? And the shops up and running of course. You'll be playing quidditch, or starting your auror training, I'm guessing."
I nodded my head, "We will see how we feel at the end of the year, alright? That way, we will be familiar with our jobs, we'll make sure we have room for a baby, and then maybe, yeah."
He nodded, seeming to understand my reasoning for wanting to wait. In all truth, I hadn't expected Fred wanting to start a family this early. And I didn't really know what to tell him. I too wanted to be a mum, more than anything, one day. One day!
There was an upcoming war, and I was still in school. I couldn't imagine something happening to the baby, or bringing it into the messed up world we live in now.
But I also wouldn't hold back from it. I wouldn't let the war affect my life. I wouldn't let it control me. So once again, I was tied to decide. But one thing for certain, was that I wasn't going to think about it until I finish school.