Chapter 76- umbitch

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The professor takes a deep breath and begins her speech, in which she seems to have rehearsed many times before. "You have been told. That there's a certain dark wizard that has returned. I will tell you, THIS.....IS......A......LIE!"
"IT'S NOT A LIE! I WAS THERE!" I scream, jumping out of my seat.
"Miss Wood, sit back down." She orders.
"So according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead at his own accord?" I questioned, ignoring her request. I ignore the pleading looks of Fred from in front, praying for me to sit down. But I'm not finished with this argument.
"Mr Diggory's death was a tragic accident." She scoffed.
"IT WASN'T AN ACCIDENT. HE KILLED HIM. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, HE KILLED HIM. THEN DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED? I'LL TELL YOU, ME AND HARRY FUCKING ESCAPED! AND THEN GUESS WHAT? I WAS IN THE FUCKING HOSPITAL FOR WEEKS. SO DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME THAT CEDRIC'S DEATH WAS AN ACCIDENT. I BROUGHT BACK THE BODY FOR GODS SAKE!" I guess my period really was bad today.

My words didn't seem to bother Umbridge. It gave me a little hope however, when I saw a look of fear in her eyes, as I continued to rant and scream. To be honest, I shocked myself a little. But did anyone expect me to sit here whilst she talks about one of my best friends like that? A friend who I watched get murdered right before my eyes. A friend who I spent months crying over?

"Detention. Miss Wood. Tonight. My office. 6 o'clock."
I scoffed. Threw the text book across the classroom. Ignored the look Fred and a few of my friends were giving me- the obvious disapproval there. And stormed out of the fucking classroom that made me feel sick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred's pov:

I watched as Y/N screamed at Umbridge. I don't think that I had ever heard her scream that way before. Not even when someone was picking on one of her friends. Something didn't add up. I know that Cedric's death affected her more than she lets on, but I didn't think that it was this bad. In all honesty, I'm worried. Really fucking worried. I'm not sure what to do about it either.
I guess I could contact Sirius, see if he would speak to her about it.
It's just like her mood is changing all the time recently, and no one knows why.
I know that she's on her period, I can tell. She doesn't do a very good job at hiding it.
But that still doesn't make sense. She doesn't lash out like that, so something is telling me that something isn't right. And I need to sort this, and soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's pov:

I've realised that I haven't been to see my 'favourite' teacher in a while. I love Hagrid, and I love Minnie (even though she's responsible for most of my detentions) but then there's Snapey, as I like to call him. Since the minute I started here, he's always been good to me, and has been the one to look out for me. Right now, I'm in need of a good rant, or a distraction. So I find that I'm on my way, down to the dungeons to piss off the head of Slytherin.

I don't bother to knock. I know that he can hear me coming anyway, it's hard not to with the echoes that come from the dull corridors. It's freezing down here, and I have to cross my arms over my chest.
"Miss Wood." He says, looking up from what looks like the papers he is grading. "To what do I owe the pleasure." He says sarcastically. One of the things that makes me laugh, is that he acts like he hates me. When in reality, if he did hate me, he'd have yelled at me the second I stepped through the door without knocking.
"Got kicked out of DADA, so thought I'd come and see my favourite Professor." I say, taking a seat on one of the desks. "What you doing?"
"Grading some of the awful assignments that my 5th years have handed in. Granger's is filled with unnecessary facts. Potter thinks he can do everything perfectly. And Weasley has copied Grangers and thinks I won't notice." He scoffs.

I find myself laughing loudly, knowing that it is exactly what my friends would do.
"I'm actually rather glad you've come down here." Snape says, throwing me off guard.
Yet, as usual I manage to come up with a cocky reply, "Aww, has someone missed me?"
He rolls his eyes, and ignores my comments, "Within the next couple of weeks, I will be absent on some days. I wish that you take some of my classes." He notices the shock written on my face, and so continues, "It pains me to say it, because I don't like to be nice. But your the best student we have in potions here. I need someone to take the lessons. And, well, I know that there's even a chance that when your older you'd be better at it than me."
I am lost for words as I listen to the professor. Never, in my wildest dreams, did I think that this would be happening. A mischievous smirk formed on my face, knowing how much fun I could have here.
"No...... funny business." He threatens, pointing his finger in my direction.
"Wouldn't dream of it."

"Now what did you do to get yourself kicked out?" He asked, ignoring the sarcasm that came from my voice. I did however, manage to see a small smile form.
"Would you believe me if I said I did absolutely nothing and she kicked me out for no reason?" I said, fluttering my eyelashes.
He rolled his eyes at my poor attempt of lying.
"Alright fine." I sighed, "she told me that Cedrics death was a fucking accident and that he wasn't murdered."

I never thought I'd say the words 'Snape' and 'love' in a sentence. But one of the things I love about him, is that if I curse, he doesn't give a fuck.
He turns the attention from his papers, and looks up towards me, "you need to be careful. Promise me you will be? She's a nasty woman Y/N. She's capable of some of the least expecting things."
I roll my eyes, but a stern glance from the professor catches my focus, "Alright. Fine. I'll try and accept her teaching methods."
He nods his head in approval, going back to whatever work he was doing.

————
Sorry about the language in this one 🤣
Little bit more than usual, but oh well.

Hope you enjoy this chapter, and every one is well. Cx