Chapter 53- christmas

Start from the beginning

I walked out of the room, to see the bed messy, the note I had left gone, along with Fred. He must be downstairs. The corridors were silent, and I heard panicked voices coming from downstairs.
'I need to find her'
'We will have to send out the order'
'She's going to be alright Fred, don't worry she's tough'
'She could be dead!'
'Sirius, don't be stupid, she's not dead'

I thought this was rather funny, so when I entered the room to see all but Fred and my dad sat at the table. I couldn't hold my laughs. Fred and dad were pacing in the same way, head in their hands, they hadn't even noticed me come in.

I took this as an opportunity to mess with them, and began making ghost noises, strutting around the room. The younger kids, including George of course, found this rather amusing, the adults not so much.
Within seconds I was securely wrapped in Freds arms where I felt his breathing had increased from what it was normally. My dad and Molly, well, they looked a little angry with me. Oops.

"Where the hell have you been?" My dad said sternly.
Fred released me from my arms as if to say, 'I love you, but your on your own.'
"Well?" My dad was falling impatient, I'd never seen him so angry.
"Would you believe me if I said I'd been for a walk?"
"You tell me the truth young lady, or mark my words." He threatened
I gulped, "fine I'll tell you. But can you please stay open minded. I want to live until my 18th."

I wondered out of the room without explanation and went to fetch Harry. He had finally stopped throwing up, and walked down the stairs with me. I bent down so I was slouched, "jump on." I laughed.
He obeyed, and god was he heavy. I had no idea why we were doing this, but may as well make a good entrance if it were to be our last.

When I reached the door, I swung the door open forcefully, "introducing, god brother, Harry!" I laughed, spinning him around on my back.
Everyone ran to greet Harry, even dad, who Harry seemed most happy to see. When the greetings had stopped, I knew my dad was about to blow.
"Y/N! GROUNDED!" He screamed.
I tried not to laugh, I really did but couldn't help myself.
"Grounded. What am I supposed to do ungrounded?" I laughed. I heard the twins and even Bill and Mr Weasley snigger, but then others seemed to watch in fear.

My dad looked so mad so I continued, "relax. I got permission. I owled Dumbledore, and he said, it was safe for me to get Harry. I apperated to fetch him, left Fred a note and apperated back. We were safe the whole time, and the only person who saw us was Dudley, Harry's brat of a cousin. I wasn't going to let him spend Christmas in that dreaded house, look how skinny he is."

Sirius let out a huff, "come here."
Wearily, I walked over to him, and flinched when he put his arms around me. I honestly thought he might flip at me, "I'm going to talk to Y/N upstairs for a moment, please excuse us, and Harry, help yourself to some food."

He lead me to my room, where he sat on my bed, no evidence left of having Fred there.
"Y/N. Why did you just flinch when I hugged you?" He asked calmly.
"Oh it's nothing." I lied.
"You didn't think I'd hit you?"
"No of course not. It's just, it's what I'm used to. I know you wouldn't do that dad, it's just a natural reaction for me."
He instantly looked so down, to the point where I could see tears release from his eyes.
"Dad. It's fine. I know what your thinking. And it's not your fault. You did what you thought was best for me, and I will be forever grateful for that." I said hugging him.
"I'm sorry." He cried, tears steaming down his face, I had no excuse but to join him. I don't cry very often but for some reason, I couldn't help myself. I guess the reason why I don't cry, was because I thought it made you weak. I know it doesn't, and I know it's healthy to cry sometimes, but I would always feel so embarrassed.