Chapter 43- dance lesson

Start from the beginning

Suddenly a paper ball flew over our heads and hit Ron. I looked in the opposite direction and saw Fred wink at Ron. He opened the paper which read in his scruffy writing.

Best get a move on,
Or all the good ones will be gone.
-F

"Who you going with then?" Ron whisper shouted at Fred.
"Pssst." I look over and see Fred signalling to Angelina. I guess this must be how he asks her.
"Will you go to the ball, with me." He acted out.
She instantly said yes and a huge smile played out along her face. He sent another wink Rons way, who turned around to look at me.
"Y/N. Who you going to the ball with?" I rolled my eyes at him, "Ronald I'm not going to the ball, sorry. But maybe you could go with Mione."

He sighed in defeat.
"Hermione. Your a girl." He said. I palmed my forehead watching the dreadful sight.
"Well spotted." She said harshly.
"Do you maybe wanna." He started mimicking Rons actions making Harry laugh.
They were soon shut up, however, by Snape hitting the back of their heads with a book.
"I don't mind going alone. But I feel sorry for you. For a girl it's just sad." He said to Hermione. I slapped him around the head firmly.
"It's alright Y/N. But for your information Ronald, I won't being going alone because believe it or not, somebody has already asked me."

She stormed off and up to Snape, handed her book and came strutting back over, "and I said yes!"
And with that she stormed out of the hall, leaving me to go after her, glaring at Ron.

"Mione wait!" I yell, running up behind her. She stops for me to catch up before continuing to walk.
"I'm sorry I stormed out like that Y/N. He was infuriating me. Doesn't even believe I've got a date. And all because he's too afraid to ask me himself." She wipes the tear that fell from her cheek.

I wrap my arm around her, "hey. You listen to me now. Ron is a stupid jealous boy, like the rest of them. They're stupid and don't deserve you."

"Ouch." I turn around and see Charlie leaning against the wall.
"Charlie!" I shout, giddily jumping into his arms.
"Hey, you. I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you, you pulled off quite a show. Anyway, meet me at 6 and I'll show you the dragons, there's a few of my friends that want to meet you. Dumbledore knows so your not going to get in trouble." I nod and he strolls off to wherever he just came from.

"So whose your date then?" I ask Hermione excitedly.
"You can't tell anyone." She warns and I nod, "well it's actually Victor."
"What!" My mouth hung open, "Victor, my victor? Vic!" I say in disbelief and then squeal in excitement hugging her.
She laughs and hugs me back.
"I'm sorry about Fred." She whispers.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"He asked Angelina to the ball." She sighs.
"Oh I know. I'm not going to the ball. I hate dancing." I laugh.
"Come on, please go to the ball Y/N. There's so many boys itching to go with you. How many have asked you today?" She says.
"Erm. Well, about 10." I admit, looking at the ground.
"And you told them?" She asks.
"That I'm not going." She gives me a look, "what? It's the truth!"
"Honestly your unbelievable Y/N. So many people desperate for your attention and yet you've declined them all." She says rather loudly.

"Miss Wood. Who are you going to be arriving with then?" All of a sudden Minnie steps forwards, joining in with the conversation out of the blue.
"No one Minnie. I don't want to go. I hate dancing."
"Look I'm sorry Y/N. I know you do. You've told me many times before, but come on. You've got to go, it's in the rules. As a champion you are the first to dance, you and your partner that is." She explains.
"Shit!" I say, rather loudly, but the woman doesn't even scold me, "who am I going to ask now then? I've told everyone that I'm not going!" Then a sudden realisation hits me, "Professor, can they be in any year?"

"Y/N, as long as you've got a date, you could turn up with a troll for all I care. But you need a partner to dance with." She says. I nod along. I know just the person I'm going to ask.