Chapter 56

Huh? I should probably stop falling asleep. "I'll be right here. Your mom is on her way here." Stormie told me. Oh. That's right. Today I'm getting my appendix taking out. Its funny because just yesterday, I found out about it. "Thanks Stormie." I say. She smiled and kissed my cheek. "Anything for you sweetie." She said. I smiled. "Laura! Where's my baby!?" I heard my mom. I smiled. "Mom!!" I called. She ran over. "Oh my god.I'm so glad your okay". She said kissing my cheek and hugging me. "Thanks to Stormie and her family." I say pointing at her. My mom looked and nodded. She started squeezing me. "Mom. If you do that, I might die." I breathe. She loosened up. "Thank you Stormie for taking care of my daughter ." She thanked her. I smiled. I was gonna horn in on their conversation but doctors that looked over dressed flooded into the room. "Its time." They said. I nodded as my mom and Stormie both waved goodbye. Here goes nothing.

I was shaking and they started numb my top half off. I didn't wanna be awake. "We want you to relax completely and we need to know if you have eaten anything in the last 24 hours." A cute doctor asked. I smiled. "Nothing but intense fever and throwing up. I did eat a sandwich with lettece and tomatoes." I say. "How long ago?" He asked. "Um...I think like at 4 a.m." I say. "Okay. Relax." He said and brought over a needle. Hey. Would you look at that? The size of that needle. I felt woozy and I guess I blacked out.

Beep. Beep. Beep. I woke up with a machine beeping right next to me. My vision was blurry and I looked around to focus my sight. "Hey... Your up." I heard next to me. "Rocky? What are you doing here?" I asked. "Well. I was coming to see if you were done with your procedure but my mom yelled at me. I wandered around the hospital and then I came in here after reading your name on the file in front of this room." He told me. I chuckled but it hurt so I stopped. "Oh. Okay. Where are they?" I asked. "Oh. My mom went home but will be back to bring you home and your mom is getting something for you to eat." He said. Just then my stomach growled. He walked over and admired it. "Wow. You have a little monster don't you?" He said. Rocky Lynch everyone. He's not even trying. "You will be able to leave as soon as you doctor says your clear to leave. They need to run a couple tests on you. But you will go home today." He said. "How do you know this?" I raised an eyebrow. "I might have read your report." He said cheekily. I smiled. I slowly sat up. "You will be excused from school for a week and if not then a month. Depending on your cells." He said. I chuckled. "You can't sit around for more than an hour and you can't stand for more than an hour so alternate and manage your time wisely." He said. Wow. "Thank you doctor Rocky." I smiled. "Your welcome." He winked. Just then the real doctor came in. "Miss Marano..." Here we go again.

"Mom. Look I know. I promise to be careful. I have Rydel and Rocky looking out for me. I read over my showering techniques and I know what to eat." I say. "I'm worried about you." She said. "Why? As you can see I'm absolutely fine." I say. "Your doctor said she seen signs of abuse." She suddenly said. What? "What?" I asked. "Yeah. She said that there was a very faint bruise on your cheek and that your wrists had marks on them." She said. "She has no idea what she's talking about." I say slowly sitting down. "Laura Marie Marano. Be honest with me. I'm your mother! Tell me the truth!" She said. I sighed. "The bruise was from softball practice and the marks were from my ponytails. I kept them on even when I took a shower so they dug into my skin." I lied. "When did you join softball?" She asked. "You would know if your ever home." I say slowly getting back up and walking away from her. "Laura!" She called after me. I really shouldn't be doing this but one step at a time. That's all its gonna take.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my one shot called 'I wish you were here'!! Comment and Vote!!!!!!
~Ash♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥