Ch 258: Gift From God

Start from the beginning

"Yes," this made Lappland smirk.

"I'm afraid you will tear down my house." Messiah said, "Can you take it easy? I have lived in this house for many years, and it is still very uncomfortable for me to see you tear it down right in front of me."

'This person...no...no, this god! She's really irritating! Who does she think I am?! Just a dog who's wrecking her house?! But now that you've said it, it's impossible for me not to do it!' Lappland rushes to Messiah.

She must defeat this person using her most powerful abilities... She must defeat the god before her!

This technique is known as "Wolf Spirit." The "white flame" that is burning on the blade has a tremendous amount of destructive power.

The "white flame" instantly burns and cracks the floor. Two long and narrow slashes appear on the floor, and the already ruined hall becomes even more so.

"Die!" Lappland slashes at Messiah with her swords. The blades were still some distance away from the Messiah when Lapland swung them, but white flame erupted from the blades, transforming into two hungry beams in the air. They flew towards Messiah.

"Changing your attack into magic? It is indeed a very interesting skill." Messiah was a little taken aback by Lappland's "Wolf Spirit," but recovered quickly.

Messiah simply raises her sword and swings it forward in the face of the two attacks that are rushing towards her.

The maple leaves beneath her feet follow the blade's path and wrap around the Wolf Spirits in an instant.

"Stay," Messiah says indifferently.

The maple leaves swallowed the Wolf Spirits whole.

"What kind of leaves are these?" exclaimed Lappland, her eyes widening. Messiah remained silent. Lappland bares her fangs.

As she was about to release her "Wolf Spirits" again, Her body shook and she fell to one knee! It was like her powers were being blocked.

"It's over." Messiah's voice rings in Lappland's ears. She raises her head to see Messiah standing right in front of her.

The temple, which had a thousand years of history, could no longer withstand the pressure. When Lappland used "Wolf Spirits" after such devastation, it had reached its limit and completely collapsed. Lappland was the only one who fell from the second floor. Messiah stands there watching her fall.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

"G-Guah!" Lappland was in excruciating pain.

She crawls out of the charred wood that had been enveloping her. To support herself, she stabs the floor with her sword. She takes a deep breath.

A blade, however, appears near her neck.

"I said it was over," she said.

Lappland raises her brows in response to her own voice. Messiah smiles at her as she stands in front of her.

She was defeated.

"I lost," she says as she lowers her head.

Messiah's grin grew even brighter. "Are you ready to give up? That's great. Do you recall what I said to you earlier?"

"Of course," says Lappland, "So, what exactly do you want me to do? I can provide you with anything that is within my grasp. But it's not going to be my life. If you really want it, I'll fight you until my last breath."

"Ah, I see." Messiah removes her swords from Lappland's throat. "I don't want your life"

"What is it then?" says Lappland, perplexed.

Messiah smiles and turns around to see Lin Ye and Pramanix running towards them. Her Saintess is visibly distressed. Her gaze, however, is drawn to the other person. His worried expression is all too familiar. He is concerned about her even if she is a god.

What a moron... I will keep him safe. She gives him a gentle smile as he approaches her.

"Follow him," she says slowly. "This is what I want from you."

Lappland is taken aback "What do you mean?"

"Quite literally. I'm not a god who enjoys putting together inane puzzles." Messiah declares, "Keep an eye on him. Keep an eye on him and make sure nothing bad happens to him. That is the end of it. This is the request I have made."

"I don't see why I should-."

"Hmm?"

Lappland's confidence wavered.

"Whatever you want," she says as she lowers her head.

"Stop frowning."

"Perhaps he is the one who can help you." Messiah murmurs.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Pramanix and Lin Ye had already run over at this point.

"My lord!" exclaims Pramanix. She took notice of Lappland and felt a twinge of concern in her heart.

"I'm all right, I was just performing a Tea ceremony," Messiah shrugs.

Pramanix is taken aback by her god's response.

Messiah turns to look at Lin Ye "Before you go, I have something I would like to give you"

Messiah hands out her sword.

"A sword?" Lin Ye looks at the outstretched blade in confusion "Forgive me God, but someone like me can't possibly accept such a gift from you, besides... I already have one"

"Oh?" Messiah raises her eyebrows, "Show me"

Lin Ye draws out his black steel sword "Here, it's this one."

Messiah swings her sword at it.

*Slash*

The black steel sword split into two.

"..." Lin Ye stares at the broken sword in his hands.

"Hoooh? It looks like that one is broken" Messiah teases.

"I would really appreciate it if you accept my gift now"

Lin Ye numbly nods.

"Fantastic! Hmm. Please wait a moment" Messiah walks over to the nearest maple tree and plunges the sword. She drags it out gently. The tree's wood grasps the sword's blade and forms a sheath for it. The fiery red blade in the sheath is beautifully complemented by the beautiful brown wooden sheath.

"There. A sword needs its own sheath." Messiah smiles and tosses the weapon to Lin Ye.

She looks around and sighs helplessly. "The house is gone."

"I guess I'm homeless now" Messiah murmurs.

Pramanix is about to say something when Messiah stops her by raising her hand. She laughs and moves her gaze to Lin Ye.

"Could I stay at your place?"

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq