ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

"They're headed to the royal capital." Anna said. "Right now."

Ray was confused on how in the world was he back at the hideout. Him and Emma were just at the seven walls. Now he opens his eyes with news of Norman and (Y/N) on the way to kill the whole monarchy?

He hurried outside to find if Emma was safe. Thankfully, she was. "Emma!"

"Ray! Are you okay?" Emma asked.

"Yes, I'm alright." He replied.

"It's November 7, 2047. Three hours after I came back, they're already heading for the capital. The extermination plan is underway at full pace." Ray said. "This is really bad, we need to hurry."

"And you?" He turned to Emma. "Did you remake the promise?"

"Yup! We did it! Everybody will be able to leave to the human world. Without anyone dying or any demons following us." Emma smiled in reassurance.

"Huh?" Ray asked in disbelief. "For real?"

"Yes!" Emma replied. The crowd of children around them cheered after hearing the news.

"What was the price? The reward?" Ray asked.

"Nevermind that now, I'll explain later." Emma said, making Ray a little bit suspicious.

"Well, alright. When we have time, I'll listen to every detail you say. Leave that aside, we must hurry!" Ray exclaimed, getting his gun. "We're leaving right now. Thoma and Lani found out about something horrible."

"What?" Emma asked in confusion.

"Norman's plan isn't just simply killing the royals and the court. They will exterminate every demon in the capital." He said, which made Emma widen her eyes in surprise.

Ray was getting worried if they ever can't make it. And is slightly worried for (Y/N), scratch that he is worried for her. He knows she can handle the demons but he's still worried.

They hurried to the capital with determination of stopping the extermination.

"Okay, let's go to the royal capital!" Emma exclaimed.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

"The festival has already started." Emma said, disguising herself as a demon.

"Yeah." Ray said. "The timing was stricter than we thought. Norman and (Y/N) must be at the heart of the ceremonial grounds, inside the palace."

"We have to hurry." Emma said.

Then, a loud noise to what seems like the sound of an explosion was heard. "What's going on?!" Emma asked in worry.

"Agh!" Ray groaned as he shielded them from the explosion. "We took too long! They already started the attacks!"

"Emma? Ray?" Gilda's voice was heard from behind them.

"Don! Gilda!" Emma exclaimed. Gilda hugged the girl with worry plastered on her face. "So you made it back from that place! I'm so glad."

"Hello, Hayato! So you were traveling along, right?" Emma asked the boy with them. Hayato nodded in response.

"And this is Ayshe." Gilda introduced the girl with wolves by her side. They turned to the two figures beside them and to their surprise, it was Sonju and Mujika.

"Mujika! Sonju!" Ray exclaimed, smiling in relief.

"Emma." Mujika called her. "It's going to be okay."