sᴇᴠᴇɴ

"So you had a fight with Norman?" Isabella asked her son, who currently had a bandage on his cheek.

"We had a different opinion on a subject we were talking about." Ray mumbled.

Isabella closed the first aid kit. "What did you want to tell me?"

It was time to lie. "Norman is trying to kill you." He bluntly said. Isabella flinched and turned to Ray.

"If he wants to escape with everyone, then that must be something he would think of." Isabella mumbled, loud enough for Ray to hear. "And?" She asked, hoping to gain more information.

Their plan was working, she was now curious. "He is collecting items. A hammer, detergent, herbicide or anything else he can use."

"Including the rope that is too short?"

"Yeah, i tried to stop him though-" A short knock of the door interrupted their conversation. Ray turned his attention to the voice outside. "Mama? Are you in there?" Someone asked beyond the door, he couldn't hear clearly though.

Isabella hurriedly went to the door and instructed Ray that she had some matters to attend to. After that, she left without even sparing him a glance. "Who was it?" He asked himself.

He went outside and went to see Norman and Emma.

Ray thought of how he'll tell the group about the girl he discovered. The first thing in his mind was to tell Norman. Norman was capable to process that information. Telling Emma would maybe be a good thing to do. Emma might find her in just one snap. Now, regarding on how to take her with them was a pressing issue.

Don had mentioned that the 'secret' room had a bed. Surely, it wasn't Mom's chambers. It's the girl's bedroom which she kept hidden. Mom had an advantage to go through there while checking her up constantly. That would make more sense.

In terms of convincing her, it was hard. Set the jokes aside, he couldn't even get a proper conversation with her. He wasn't even sure if she sided with Mom or with anybody at the moment. She could be talking with Krone.

Guess he had go in and see her personally.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

"She wants to live the best possible life, huh? She was even one of us, too. She doesn't care about the lives of the children at all!" Emma exclaimed.

They ran into Sister Krone earlier and claimed to know about their escape. "But she said she won't ship us out." Gilda reminded Emma.

Ray sighed. "It's not that she won't, she can't." He continued on. "If she really wanted us to escape, she just needs to assist us quietly when the time is right. She's only doing this to gain our trust."