ᴛᴇɴ

𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥, 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞.

Reality hits hard, am I right?

Ray stood, dumbfounded. There was a cliff past the wall. There was no need for security when that enough can make one cattle child inside the walls. That's also why (Y/N) didn't make any move earlier. She knew what was there and purposely let Norman go see it.

"It's a height we can't jump from." Norman said, his head low. "Sister Krone wasn't lying. The demons didn't underestimate us. With that cliff, security wouldn't be necessary."

"So that means we can't escape.." Emma widened her eyes in fear.

"There is a way." Norman said, taking a notebook by the nearby table.

"So I tried going to the edge of the wall. It split into two more walls. One side continued along the cliff. The other wall was the side of our house. The angles were about 60 degrees each." Norman explained, drawing out the layout of the farm.

"The inside of the two walls, where it splits, were nearly symmetrical." He added on. "I saw the same scenery in front of me. It means that the house is on a hexagonal property surrounded by a cliff. And the lot west from us is probably the headquarters. Because it was the only lot with a bridge."

"If you're going to escape, the only way to go is to cross that bridge." The boy concluded.

Ray felt his chest tighten. Norman was referring to them, excluding himself. There was no way he was going to let his friend. No, his brother leave them.

He wasn't going to die. Ray won't let that happen. He wasted years of efforts for this? For his best friend, dying for their sake. He was the one who was supposed to do that! Norman and Emma must at least live.

Just like in the books he read. There will be that one certain person, who will take themselves in front of danger. Risking their lives for the others. He didn't expect it would be Norman, the boy who was their dear friend, was going to do it.

"Norman!" Phil called out by the door, holding a bell. "Mama is calling you!"

The white-haired boy turned to the child, giving him a smile. "Tell her that I'll be right there."

Phil then skipped off, leaving the three elder children behind.

"Oh right." Norman got something from his pocket. "I wanted to give this back." It was the device Ray made to nullify the tracking devices.

He was angry, frustrated and couldn't believe his assumptions were right. "You-" Ray grabbed the boy's shoulders. "You were planning to return from the start, huh? You said it yourself, right?"