ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

The outside world was beautiful, she might say.

Oddly big trees and tons of plants. It was a completely different from the forest they have been in.

Everyone was marveling their surroundings. Their curious selves invested by the unusual environment before them.

(Y/N) was so enamored by her surroundings that she was unaware that Ray still held her hand since they have ran. "Ray, you can let me go now."

"No, stay with me." He said, gripping your hand very tight. "I don't want you to be separated from me and the group."

She nods in understanding, but glanced at the kids who were falling out of pace. "But I need to look out the kids. They might trip or something-"

"They're fully capable of themselves. All of them have trained, haven't they? You're the one who needs some back-up if ever anything happens to you."

That was rather a little insulting, like he was referring she was weak and cannot carry herself to run. But then again she is weak and not so full with stamina like the others.

"I don't want to lose you again." He muttered, audible enough for her to hear.

So they continued to walk around. Still bothered for the fact that he was gripping too hard on her hand. It wasn't really hurting her, it was new to her. He held her protectively.

Ray stopped on his tracks as he whipped his head to his side. (Y/N) was confused so she looked over to where he was staring.

"Okay everyone! Time to rest!" Emma yelled. "Let's eat breakfast here!"

They made way to the big tree and under it, they sat. "Don't eat all too much at once! We want to make sure all of our food will last as long as possible." Gilda reminded them.

Thankfully, Ray had let go of her since they began to eat. She got her share of food and started to munch. She was indeed hungry after all the running.

She noticed how Emma was also tired. She carefully got some food, walking away from to crowd unnoticed.

"Emma." Immediately, the orange-haired girl yelped in surprise. "Food?"

"I'm sorry, I'm really jumpy aren't I? I didn't even notice you were there!" She laughed. "Oh, food? I'll gladly take it then."

She watched the girl eat her share. "Have you eaten yet, (Y/N)?"

"I have." She answered.

"I see, that's good." She smiled at her happily.

"Heyoooo." Ray suddenly greeted, making the two girls surprised. Well mostly Emma because she literally screamed in surprise.

"Heyo?!" Emma exclaimed and glared at Ray in confusion, clutching her hair.

"We're fine." Ray said, ignoring her surprised state. He gave her a bottle of water, urging her to drink it. "At the very least, there aren't wild predators around this area."

"I can't find any footprints or droppings in the area. Tracks are always helpful, just like in tag."

"Go rest, I'll take your place." He said. "You too, (Y/N)."

"Thanks." Emma said, taking the water.

(Y/N) didn't move but instead she only stood there and stared at the roots. She swore she just saw something move. Was she so tired that she started to hallucinate?