sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

14th of January, the year 2046.

He was turning twelve in an hour.

The things that had happened throughout his life were both awful and wonderful. He got to spend time with all of his siblings. He had enjoyed his life with his two closest friends, Norman and Emma.

He got to meet her.

He was still devastated by the fact that
(Y/N) was gone. It was still surprising. He felt like she was still there.

His heart ached.

Two persons that were very dear to him has now departed from their world. Norman, the genius whom he treated as his brother. (Y/N), the mysterious girl that makes him wonder about her.

He hummed his Mother's lullaby. Remembering all his nightmares and also (Y/N), who played the song with her guitar.

Isabella. His mother whom he hated so much. He does admit that he felt a little love towards her. But other than that, it's just pure burning anger.

Did his own mother even care for him? He bet that when he is engulfed with flames. She'll probably try and take his body out and serve it for the demons.

Did Isabella love him? Maybe, maybe not. He couldn't care less anyway.

His thoughts were interrupted when suddenly a familiar voice called him. "Ray."

"What are you doing at this hour?" Emma asked, walking towards him with her crutches.

"It's my last night." Ray said, looking up. "So I'm saying goodbye to the house."

"Ray, it's your birthday tomorrow right?"

"Yeah." He said. "Tonight is the last night. Tomorrow, it's goodbye."

The boy grinned internally. He knew his best friend too well. "Hey, Emma."

"You haven't actually given up, have you Emma?" He turned to the girl, whose head was down.

Emma smirked as she rose up his head. This girl surely doesn't have giving up in her vocabulary.

"I've been thinking." Emma started. "What should I do for Norman's sake?"

"The answer is to do nothing." She said. "Mom told me to give up, to free myself from the pain. But I will never, ever give up."

"I won't let Norman die in vain." She said, full of determination. "And you, Ray?"

"We always are thinking of the same thing in the end." Ray chuckles.

"Let's run away, Ray." She said. "I've came to talk about that."

"I know. You, Gilda and Don are running away." He said. "Thanks to (Y/N)."

"Yeah, she was really helpful." Emma looked down. "We didn't get the chance to talk so thankfully she was there."

A long silence blanketed around them. The mention of the girl made him a little uncomfortable.

"Mom was being cautious. She did not let her eyes off me for one second. I used that to my advantage. I kept her eyes focused on me and not the others."

"Don and Gilda, huh?"

"Yes, I left everything to them." She said. "Training for the escape and all the other stuff."

"How far along are you?" He asked.

"Everything is ready. Supplies, food and warm clothing." She said. "We can escape anytime."