ɴɪɴᴇ

Darkness

Darkness.

She was supposed to be asleep. But no, she was staring at the ceiling. Thinking about when she'll finally get out of this orphanage. Of this room she was imprisoned in.

Mom had started to lock her doors. No where to escape in the dark of night. Her late walking around the halls were no more. Nothing but her guitar and books kept her entertained. As she said, it was a sudden decision. And the obedient girl she is, she stay put. Not uttering a single complaint.

There was one time where she has gone out. Running through the hallway and opening the door. Where children slept peacefully in their bed. She was only tasked for getting something under Norman's bed. Some sort of long sheets she has seen. She was well aware of what will happen if she misbehaves.

She began to become weak too. With the lack of sunlight made her a bit weak. Vitamin D is important for the health, if you might ask.

She closed her eyes, trying to sleep away all her problems. "I just want to get adopted, get a nice family, and travel the world." She muttered in the silent night.

What a nice dream she had. All she wants is a warm, happy family. To be loved and cared for. She knows Mom only acted, everything was an act to nurture her. Develop her to the fullest and ship her out. A farm's product was what she was.

She established in her mind that she can't escape. Beyond the cement wall was a wide cliff. It crushed her hopes and brought her back to reality.

"Come down, (Y/N.)" A voice called out from below.

And even if she ever escaped, she'd be instantly dead outside in the world full of demons. There was just no other way than face her death once she gets adopted.

"There's nothing there to see now, is there? Let's go back to our home, (Y/N)."

There were no parents that was waiting.
No world she can travel. Mom was never kind or loving, it was all just an act. Everything she believed in crumbled before her seven years ago.

She was a curious child. Tempted to go follow Mom and the child who was going to be adopted. Reminiscing how the monstrous creature pierce the boy's heart with a simple-looking flower. She couldn't help but scream in terror. It was too much to handle for a four-year-old child. She was about to be picked up by the demon when suddenly Mom had stood in front of her.

"What will you do?" The tall demon spoke with a throaty voice.

She remembered how Mom embraced her tightly, instead of scolding her.

"Let me handle this if you please, sir." Mom bowed her head. The demon had let it slide and had left with the body of the child they were supposed to ship. Mom had rushed over her and hugged her, caressing her head to hush her crying.