ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

𝐖𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

-C. S Lewis

"Norman, tomorrow afternoon you escape by yourself

"Norman, tomorrow afternoon you escape by yourself." Ray said, straight to the point.

They were in the infirmary, where Emma was taken. "We won't let you die." Emma said with determination.

"Sorry, I can't do that." Norman said nervously. Both of them gave him a look and replied. "Denied."

"To be more precise, tomorrow afternoon, make it seem like you have escaped by yourself." Ray explained. "Disable the tracking device and pretend to have escaped. Then hide in an area until Emma's leg is healed."

"And on the day we escape, you'll come with us." Emma added.

"But even if it may be not true. Once I escape, the security will get tighter." Norman interjected.

"That won't be a problem." Ray said. "Based on the house's caretaking policies, the security won't increase much."

"Caretaking policies?" Emma turned to Ray.

"One, let us grow freely and comfortably. Two, strict confidentiality. The first point is best for developing our brains. A healthy child who grew rich with emotions. That's the minimum obligation for the person in charge of the house." He explained.

"So that means point two is.."

"The demons won't show themselves to us. If they rule us with fear, our brains won't develop as they wanted." He said. "If they do change the security, they would increase the number of guards or caretakers. That's something we can deal will. No, we will."

"Even so, they might increase the height of the wall or something. How will you climb then?" Norman asked, really pushing the fact that he won't escape with them.

"You can make a ladder while you hide."

"What if they change the tracking devices to a more complex one?"

"If they implant new ones, then we'll know where it would be. So we can just take them out!"

"We can handle it. You get it, right? You don't have to die. I'll supply your food and we'll keep you hidden no matter what. We can handle any security they will add."

The two bickered back and forth. Ray was starting to get irritated with Norman.

"I still have the trump card to outwit Mom! So live! Pretend to run away and with this method-"

"No, can't do it. It's not just about the security." Norman looked down. "If I run, you and Emma might be my replacement and ship you out instead. And you guys get killed instead of me? No, I won't let that happen. They can have my life. But I have no intention of giving them anything else."